The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Shift kit, end clutch, torque converter questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16g Spoolin TSi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2004
Merrimack, New_Hampshire
Im going to be ordering the translab kit w/ the clutch pack that IPT is offering, i'm only waiting for confirmation from the local tranny shop to do the job. I was wonder with my current list of modifications would the addition of the custom torque converter be warranted at thise point? its a lot of money for me right now so i was hopping to get some feedback from the drivers out there with the shift kit and clutchs installed and is the converter needed right now.
Thanks for any feedback
~Johnny

sorry i cant answer your question but i was wandering how much is the shop charging you to have the shift kit installed?

Originally posted by 16g Spoolin TSi
Im going to be ordering the translab kit w/ the clutch pack that IPT is offering, i'm only waiting for confirmation from the local tranny shop to do the job. I was wonder with my current list of modifications would the addition of the custom torque converter be warranted at thise point? its a lot of money for me right now so i was hopping to get some feedback from the drivers out there with the shift kit and clutchs installed and is the converter needed right now.
Thanks for any feedback
~Johnny

A performance converter would be a very worthwhile addition to the car- especially since you are running the 16g. It will work without one, but the car will be much faster with the right converter in it.

Out of any modification to an automatic equipped vehicle (except for perhaps nitrous), a high stall converter provides one of the best increases in performance per dollar.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back