The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sell or keep?

What would you do?

• Sell

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Keep

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
My friend wants to buy my b16g. Should I sell it and buy a 50 trim or bigger with the money I have saved and the money from the turbo? Or should I keep the b16g and buy cams and water injection with the money I have saved?

what are your goals?.... i vote for bigger turbo..

This is going to be a weekend only car. It will be strictly for straight line performance. I want to run low twelves with the setup I have right now but I also want to go faster in the future. Lets say a second or so faster. I know it would be hard to get my future goals with the b16g so I could buy a bigger turbo now and be ready. But if I buy cams and water injection now than my car would be more suited for a bigger turbo when I am ready for it.

With knowing this I would still get the bigger turbo. Supporting mods are needed, but I wouldn't say cams and water injection are the pre-mods you need for a bigger turbo.

1992awdlaser said:
This is going to be a weekend only car. It will be strictly for straight line performance. I want to run low twelves with the setup I have right now but I also want to go faster in the future. Lets say a second or so faster. I know it would be hard to get my future goals with the b16g so I could buy a bigger turbo now and be ready. But if I buy cams and water injection now than my car would be more suited for a bigger turbo when I am ready for it.

With those goals in mind, I revoke my statement and vote for the bigger turbo.

As far as I can see in your profile you already have everything you need to support the 50 trim. I say...get an internally gated 50 trim...sell the wastegate that you have...use any extra money towards cams.

you need an FPGreen, that will definantly get you into the low 11s with the right mods. It is a bit on the expensive side ($1300) but WELL worth it IMHO. In my opinion water injection is over-rated, with a good tune you will never see knock.

In my opinion water injection is over-rated, with a good tune you will never see knock.

Yea and then after that tune turn the boost up through some injection in and you wont even have to change the tune and gain 50-100whp depending on application. Yes a good tune wont see knock but it will be limited to the gas you run. Instead of buying race fuel just have injection that is always there on a switch for when ever you want that extra needed power. Its like turning you pump gas into race gas.

JayRolla said:
Yea and then after that tune turn the boost up through some injection in and you wont even have to change the tune and gain 50-100whp depending on application. Yes a good tune wont see knock but it will be limited to the gas you run. Instead of buying race fuel just have injection that is always there on a switch for when ever you want that extra needed power. Its like turning you pump gas into race gas.
Exactly why I want water injection.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back