The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] Stock oil pressure gauge stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
I just bought a 95 GST and the stock oil pressure gauge stays at the top high mark and doesnt go down. Anyone know why or how to fix this?

Look around the oil filter housing for the oil pressure gauge sending unit. there should be a wire attached to it, check to make sure that is in place. However, if I can remember correctly, if that's NOT on, the oil pressure gauge would be at the lowest reading.

I also had a problem before, where the the actual gauge in the cluster had an issue. This was because when I got the car there was those nasty gauge overlays, and the overlay was intruding the needle causing it not to move up or down.

Double check both.

I have this problem right now. I have check the sending unit and the actual cluster. I already took it out apart and cleaned up the corrosion on it and put it back. its use to be stuck at the very to. Now its just sitting on the bottom not moving.

Anyone know how to fix? or do i have to replace the oil pressure gauge?

I had the same problem with my talon a while back....the gauge would barely move and it worried me so I talked to a mechanic from mitsu and they said check the send unit plug. Sure enough that's what it was. I am now having the same problem with my gst I just picked up. Hope its the same thing.

my oil presure gauge dosent work i crawled under the car and notice that a line or wire that plugs in to the oil presure sending unit was missing i went to my local auto store and turns out that they dont sell the wire and that neither does the dealer what do i do?:confused:

Try to buy one off dsmtrader. Are you sure it isn't just tangled up somewhere?

my oil presure gauge dosent work i crawled under the car and notice that a line or wire that plugs in to the oil presure sending unit was missing i went to my local auto store and turns out that they dont sell the wire and that neither does the dealer what do i do?:confused:

Look for the wire then. If it's not connected it should still be dangling there, or if they cut it, look for where they cut it, and just extend the wire with your standard wire and connectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back