The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] Crank difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
Is there any difference between a 1g 7bolt crankshaft and a 95-96 7 bolt crankshaft? I'm in need of a crankshaft and saw some 1g 7 bolt crankshaft for sale.

I was looking on ebay and I'm seeing cranks for around 250 new but don't know if I should get it. My crank is already .010" under and the machine shop told me it will need to be cut. So I'm gonna scrap my crank and get a std size crank. Does anyone have any experience with cranks on sell on ebay.

You definitely want to replace it - if it needs cut, consider it junk. I've sold a few crankshafts on ebay, and I can tell you - be careful. Many people don't store them correctly, which is standing up on the flywheel side. If they've been laid down, you'll have to get them bent back into shape most likely. Regardless, any crankshaft you buy needs to see a machinist before you use it. They can verify it's in good shape.

Thanks Ryan. This is my first time I rebuild an engine and taking my time to make sure every is done right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back