The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G [RESOLVED]2G AT/MT conversion no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD Street Terrorist

Proven Member
Sep 6, 2013
Kirkland, Washington
In the process of converting my '95 GSX auto to a manual. The problem is, the engine won't crank now. I know what you are going to say: I bypassed the N/P safety at the A101 auto trans connector. When I turn the main switch to ST there is some clicking, the dash indicator lamps go out, and when I release it, there are three clicks in rapid succession but alas, no rotation of the engine. Here is the run down:

'95 eclipse GSX auto
Factory auto wiring harnesses
'95 manual trans mission, starter, t-case, LSD
DSM link
Factory theft alarm
No CELs

If anyone has ever done this swap and knows about the electrical issues involved please help!

Supplementary:

I jumped source voltage directly to the starter solenoid, and the engine cranks normally. I am stumped. The car started and ran fine when it had the auto trans in it. I am getting weird voltage readings at the starter relay located in the center console.

Good thing this thread was int he newbie forum. The problem is solved and root cause was my own short sight. There is a black single wire connector that joins the control harness and the starter harness. It is black with a yellow strip. Guess what it does.... starter solenoid wire. :banghead:

Last edited:
I had a no crank problem in my heavily modded GSX 1997 5-SPEED MANUAL. i was able to fix it by installing a regular 5-pin relay that put 12 VDC right to the starter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back