The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Rear wiper motor switch wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams Realized

5+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Seattle, Washington
Hey yall I am trying to figure out my wiring diagram so I can wire in a new 3 way (on-off-on) toggle for my rear windshield motor.

I managed to isolate the 2 lighting wires (Gw & By) I dont need those.

Black is ground

Gr is ignition power.

Lw is blue white and full on I believe

Lo is blue orange and intermittent I am fairly certain

I have a green wire I have 0 clue what it does. Is it the grounding wire for the ignition? If so I would be completely lost on how to wire 2 grounding wires into a 3 way switch... So frustrating I havent taken physics in 4 years
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't believe that 3 way switch will work for what you're trying to do, at least not if you want to have the washer motor work.

If you want just the wiper to work, run LG-R (light green w/ red stripe) to your center post on the switch, L-O (blue w/ orange stripe) to int. or the down position and L-W (light blue w/ white stripe) to the up/top switch position if you want it like factory.

The L-G is for your washer motor and would need another momentary switch tee'd off the LG-R for power and then run to the L-G to complete the circuit.

You will run B (black) directly to ground as far as I can tell from your pic of the plug and the way the diagram goes.

Maybe @luv2rallye can weigh in and double check my thoughts.

I do want to ask, why are you wiring a different switch in? Also just to verify, is this for a 1g or 2g, I assume it's for your profile car?

Yeah this is for my 97 talon.

Damn alright I was afraid of that, and the rear washer is actually useful, I will just put that switch back then.

I am running aluminum hazard, A/C, and HVAC buttons and my AEM truboost gauge has a feaux aluminum bezel so I just was obsessing over matching :|

Yeah I figured since factory switch is a 3 way switch (on-off-intermittent) itd be a fairly easy swap over. I didnt think the washer motor would be tied up in the switch.

I also pulled the switch apart to see if I could just replace the plastic OEM button with my aluminum toggle but it wasn't exactly a straightforward switch either.

Oh well queve the rolling stones

Technically the stock switch is 4 position, on, off, int. and push straight in for washer fluid, which temporarily activates the int. function. It's doable, but not worth the effort IMO.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back