The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

rear wheels kind of braking???????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
hey guys. my tranny bellhousing just broke about two weeks ago and i got another tranny. the other tranny was also broken and a professional built one transmission out of both of them. he used parts from both trannies to make one good one. i replaced the clutch and had the flywheel resurfaced in the process. we put the tranny back on and the transfer case and noticed that the rear wheels are trying to brake or lock up. but never do fully. i put another transfer case on there that i thought might be the problem and noticed that it moved much easier. so then i left the car sitting for a while and noticed the transfer case was leaking massive oil. i drove it and again noticed that it was locking up again. i put oil in it and it still wants to brake or lock up. it makes like this winding noise but i dont know what it is. what could it be guys??? i need this fixed

sounds to me like its your rear diff.

happened to a friend of mine.. he was driving down the road, started hearing a whining sound, slowly got louder, then his rear wheels locked up.... after a few minutes it cooled down enough he could pull the car into a parking lot, but the car didnt move easily.

why would something like this happen?? i havent abused it or anything???

jeffreyinigo said:
so then i left the car sitting for a while and noticed the transfer case was leaking massive oil. i drove it and again noticed that it was locking up again. i put oil in it and it still wants to brake or lock up.
Am I reading this correctly? The oil had leaked out of the T-case, but you drove the car anyway(?).

- Jtoby

:coy: i know im stupid. but what i found out today was that it wasnt a leaky transfer case, it was engine oil coming from the turbo return pipe. that is the main thing worrying me right now. i have a 3 bolt rear on another car i have for parts. but dont want to switch that out and find out thats not the problem. what should i check or do?????????????

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back