The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

rear pinion seal part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think he means the rear differential pinion seal where the driveshaft hooked to the rear

I believe the part you're looking for is number 29 in this diagram.
http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...135&callout=29&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

I replaced mine not too long ago it cost me 6bucks for the part and ~100 for the install.
It's super easy just a pain in the butt. Just remember to bring your redline fluid to replace what dumps out when your mech swaps the seals for you. Also remind him that the nut (he'll know which one) gets torqued to 149ft.lbs.

Oh im replacing the seal myself. I am getting the seal from a local parts store, and i was just wondering if someone could cross reference part numbers to make sure im getting the right one

Oh im replacing the seal myself. I am getting the seal from a local parts store, and i was just wondering if someone could cross reference part numbers to make sure im getting the right one

Good show. Doing it yourself is the real fun. I'd have loved to tackle that job but I couldn't come up with an easy way or one soon enough to get the rear end high enough to use the beastly 3 some-odd-foot length torque wrench I borrowed for that nut.

For my own curiosity though, how are you doing it? I love not having to spend money on things I can easily do myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back