The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

quick turbo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90 TSI FWD

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
Columbus, Mississippi
after rebuilding a 14b turbo, do i get it balanced before or after i put the turbine housings back on? also, should i port/get it ported while it's apart or is porting not worth the time? my laser's basically stock and i dont plan on major upgrades anytime soon.
thanks

It depends on the condition of the bearing housing and the shaft. If you have a turbo rebuild shop in your area you should take it to them for inspection.

My local shop doesn't charge for inspecting the parts. I have brought them in assembled and disassembled. They will take it apart though to inspect it.

so should i port/get it ported while it's apart or is porting not worth the time? my laser's basically stock and i dont plan on major upgrades anytime soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back