The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Quick question - Translab TL-175 Shift Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi20gawd

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2003
everett, Washington
I just bought a Translab TL-175 shift kit and got it today.

In one of the plastic baggies there is a piece of paper with this note on it:

"TEMPORARY SUBSTITUTION: "SILVER SHIM SPRING" not included. Drop BALL down into valve bore of upper valve body casting in place of the shim spring. Ball will occupy same location as the spring (between valve and the bottom of the bore)."

Has anybody else run across this? This is my first time jumping into an auto dsm tranny and I want to make sure I get things right the first time.

Thanks,
Carissa

It should be just fine. The idea is simply to stop the movement of the valve. With either the shim or the check ball the result is the same. That is a very good kit. The guys at TransLab put a lot of time into the development and it seems to fix most of the issues that our valve bodies seem to suffer from. Just follow the instructions to a "T" and you'll be fine.

Awesome! Thank you very much I will continue the install.

Bryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back