The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Questions about the RFL BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbonfire

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2004
Waterloo, Iowa
Ok, I have a RFL and am trying to figure out how many washers to stick in the dang thing. I am running like 15 psi and have 3 or 4 washers in it now and it seems like it is leeking a little under boost. Maybe it is not... but it chatters some times when I let off the gas like the HKS does, but only when I am not at full boost. IDK should I add more washers or what? How many do most people stick in there.

I had one on my EVO, but got ride of it really quickly. However, when I did have it on, I used 6 or more washers and sprayed it with wd-40 every so often because the piston would get stuck.

Humm, so adding more washers might be a good thing

i use the same BOV and i have got 7-8 washers in it right now...... it was leaking in 4th gear @ 21 psi with 5 washers, it felt like your power would build up hard and then just fall on it's face!!!!!! as for the fluttering issue, i am experiencing that also, i can only floor it...... if i try and hold 13 psi it will start to flutter as the rpm increases and goes right away if i floor it and the boost goes up to 20psi....... to keep on topic though i would recommend 6-10 washers in it; if it's leaking, put more in since it's very simple to add more...(remeber it is rated to only 25psi i think also), hope that helps :dsm: :thumb: :dsm:

I know that mine was holding all the way to 2.0bars with a boost drop off of less then 1lb . I know this for sure due to the fact that when I had my car thrown on the dyno they asked what the hell I was doing with that much boost. I asked them what they were talking about and they showed me. I told them that I had a local company install all my parts and that they set it accordingly. They told me I was lucky that I didn't blow my engine. Needless to say, I never went back to that original shop that installed my stuff.

I dunno but on mine i only had 2 in and it was holding fine at 20psi. I felt it wasn't opening as fast as it should so i dropped it down to one. Held fine. Now i got a tial so no more worries.

I used to have the H34 which has the same internals, and used 3-4 washers. I don't know for sure if it leaked with that many, but if I used 5 or more it would flutter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back