1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

PR fmic install

Posted by Tigerhorns, Jan 5, 2011

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Tigerhorns

Tigerhorns Proven Member

Joined Apr 6, 2010
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Well i can't seem to find there E-mail for the life of me, and i want the install guide again, so i can see how all the pipes went in. currently the BOV is hitting my hood just a little bit, and want to make sure i have everything in there right.

When i say hitting my hood i can still close it, but i'm sure it wasnt designed to touch the hood was it...?

1K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.280 @ 109.800 · 1G DSM
  2. sniver

sniver Proven Member

Joined Feb 13, 2006
    Leetsdale, Pennsylvania
    sales (at) punishment-racing.com

I'm sure it wasn't designed to touch, anyways heres the email. Maybe the fmic to bov is reversed, or the bov pipe is. Or the bov pipe needs rotated some.

3. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    some food for thought is that you can play with the pipe distances by pushing them in or out the couplers causing a slight difference in alignment and fitment.

just throwing that possibility out there, also it might be possible to "twist" any angled piping to enhance fitment.

4. dexterholland04

dexterholland04 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2007
    Rush, New York
    I had the same problem with the SMIC pipes on my 2g, playing with the pipes helped tremendously!

5. Tigerhorns

Tigerhorns Proven Member

Joined Apr 6, 2010
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Well i am using the right pipes in the right place(well maybe not the right place with the BOV pipe) sorry i dont have pics. BOV is allmost touching my 2g air intake where it recirculates at. Hope this paints a better picture

1K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
  6. sniver

sniver Proven Member

Joined Feb 13, 2006
    Leetsdale, Pennsylvania
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3KLrvx9xek?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3KLrvx9xek?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

does your bov pipe look upside down compared to this video at the cover image, or at 2:03ish? sounds like it would be to me, for it to be by your intake pipe.

7. 1badpurple

1badpurple Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2010
    lillian, Alabama
    Pipes should not hit on the hood.

Sorry about the bad quality, but maybe it will help you some.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  8. Tigerhorns

Tigerhorns Proven Member

Joined Apr 6, 2010
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Mines at about the same angel as 1bad, but doesnt look like such a decline like his for some reason

1K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
  9. sniver

sniver Proven Member

Joined Feb 13, 2006
    Leetsdale, Pennsylvania
    If yours is about the same, just loosen the clamps and persuade it a bit. You can get a lot of play that way, just mess with it a bit and see what you can do.

I know the uicp on my 1g can vary up and down about 3inches either way depending on how its clamped down.

Sent from my Droid

10. xezerax

xezerax Proven Member

Joined Feb 4, 2006
    sayville, New York
    I bought a PR kit about two years ago and it fit great... about a year later my car got broken into and the front mount got robbed so I ordered a whole new kit from them. The kit I recieved was pretty different from my original kit, and after that the bov always hit the hood, until I cut the hell out of the pipes to fit my gm maf.