The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Performance Transmission shops in PA/NJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
So after 145k miles my bone stock auto finally died. Pretty impressed on how long it lasted and the amount of abuse it took with stock internals (only had a upgraded cooler). Now i am running a buddys trans in the meantime while i try to get my stocker rebuilt. Now the problem is that shops dont want to touch my tranny because of my mod list and potential goals for the car. Does anyone know of a good trans shop in the PA/NJ area? I am not looking for a full race setup but some upgraded equipment to handle more then stock power. I dont mind driving and dropping it off and its going to be on my daily driven 97. I hope somebody knows a good reputable shop. Thanks in advance.

Check with the Supporting Vendors here on the fourm.

I am sure you can find one that will build what you need.

You may end up having to ship your transmission.

Check Vendors like Jack's Transmission, and Wiseman Twicks

Yea, i wasnt looking to ship a heavy trans but if i have to i would. Its funny how you get turned down so fast when you say "not stock"... Lol

I think you should look at IP (Import Performance Transmissioins) in northern New Jersey. The make a performance rebuild kit and sell a shift kit that is supposed to handle 500hp all day long. They also restall converters. Check out the forums on their site for all kinds of information. Good luck with your car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back