The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

PCV Valve reroute and smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91-gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
San Jose, California
I just installed my magnus smim and I routed the pcv valve and the valve cover breather back into the intake pipe. I started the car and waited until it warmed up completely before I drove it. It didn't smoke until 8 houses down from my house. So I am just wondering, is it normal to have a lot of smoke coming out of the tailpipe when you run the 2 hoses together into the intake pipe?
Thanks for the help

I just installed my magnus smim and I routed the pcv valve and the valve cover breather back into the intake pipe. I started the car and waited until it warmed up completely before I drove it. It didn't smoke until 8 houses down from my house. So I am just wondering, is it normal to have a lot of smoke coming out of the tailpipe when you run the 2 hoses together into the intake pipe?
Thanks for the help

I'd like to know too since I'm about to route mine the same way. The difference is that my car smoke badly already.

Tom

im not running a pcv at all.
just a straight fitting. so yea i guess a bypass.
no smoke. and runs good:)

i had an exhaust leak the first time i tried it like you guys.
And a bunch of oil started to poor out inbetween my turbo and o2 housing.

Thanks for the help

Of course it's going to smoke, you are not using the PCV system correctly. You need to route the PCV to one of the larger 3/8" fittings in the back of the magnus SMIM. The PCV needs to see vacuum (it's a 1 way check valve) and the breather side of the valve cover needs to go back into the intake. That's the correct OEM way and you should not smoke.

Well, after many days somebody finally answered my call for help. Thanks for the help guys, but I just went ahead with my original plan of routing the pcv system to the magnus manifold and the smoke stopped after the residual oil burned off in the exhaust. So, thanks again for the help. But after waiting a few days for an answer I figured it out myself.

Of course it's going to smoke, you are not using the PCV system correctly. You need to route the PCV to one of the larger 3/8" fittings in the back of the magnus SMIM. The PCV needs to see vacuum (it's a 1 way check valve) and the breather side of the valve cover needs to go back into the intake. That's the correct OEM way and you should not smoke.

Your right. If they didn't just put 3 1/8 NTP fittings and 1 1/4 NTP fitting. The 1/8 NTP fittings are for the BOV, FPR, and Boost Gauge. The 1/4 NTP fitting is for the brake booster. So I might have an older design in which they do not give a fitting for the PCV valve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back