The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

PayPal Fraud warning !

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newlogics

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2002
San Leandro, California
Hey peeps.

I've just recieved an email, seeming to be from PayPal (paysecurity@payapl to be exact) , asking 'to confirm my credit info' by "logging in", which requires me to enter
Email
Password
Full Name
Credi Card Number
Expiration Date
Pin number

I guess you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. It's an obvious fraud attempt.

If any of you have gotten that email, do me a favor, fill in 'Idiot' into all the fields and submit it as many times as possible. Ans then forward email to paypal.

Thank you.

I got that email.

Email bombed the server that sent it out.
Also sent SUB7 to the email address.
So yea im looking to fawk up someone royally...

O and also forwarded it to paypal. Been done bro... Been done...

Originally posted by 98RedGs
I got that email.

Email bombed the server that sent it out.
Also sent SUB7 to the email address.
So yea im looking to fawk up someone royally...

O and also forwarded it to paypal. Been done bro... Been done...

Bombin source email may not be a best Idea, as I'm sure the address is not his (or even real), but 'submit' button definitely submits info directly to him. I've tried to search through the source code to find any real info, but bastard uses php to re-route the info
:mad:

i work for a guy who owns an online business and this is nothing new, check your headers to make sure it comes from paypal and they will come from ebay as well and be from different address's.

i had that happen with ebay...someone sent me an email sayin to log in and i go to the site and it looks jst like ebay...but the adress wsa somethin like members.yahoo.....not cgi.ebay or whatever its supposed to be

Bombin source email may not be a best Idea, as I'm sure the address is not his (or even real), but 'submit' button definitely submits info directly to him. I've tried to search through the source code to find any real info, but bastard uses php to re-route the info

True. It was rerouted but ive got a couple other items i "play" with that are progs my friends created on mIRC that finds the spoofed server that the email came from.

Kinda quirky if u ask me :|

At least it was a good try tho.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back