1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Panama City DSM

Posted by PCTuner91, May 8, 2009

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. PCTuner91

PCTuner91 Probationary Member

Joined May 8, 2009
    Panama City, Florida
    Any dsm guys around here? I don't own one yet but am looking into buying one and could use some help locating one. Thanks ahead of time

2. 850Talon

850Talon Probationary Member

Joined Mar 5, 2009
    Panama City Beach, Florida
  3. PCTuner91

Joined May 8, 2009
    Panama City, Florida
  4. GSTyler

GSTyler Probationary Member

Joined Dec 29, 2007
    pc, Georgia
    I'm a pc dsm'r.

5. PCTuner91

Joined May 8, 2009
    Panama City, Florida
    You guys know anyone selling a dsm around here for about $2000?

6. v8s_are_slow

v8s_are_slow Proven Member

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    In P.C. here.

1K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  7. Elek_ron_ix

Elek_ron_ix Proven Member

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    I'm in P.C. for a couple months of the year, and my car is there. I'll be back there in November to replace my head gasket. Since I blew it on the track, but might take a cruise in around town if everything goes smoothely. Stay Classy, P.C.:aha:

8. docb002000

docb002000 Proven Member

Joined May 21, 2010
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Hey man I am up here in columbus, GA bout 2.5 hrs north of you. If you look on craigslist for my area under cars/trucks for sale the is a 91 for sale for $500 it needs some work. Just trowing it out there. http://columbusga.craigslist.org/cto/1866110919.html

273  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  9. Elek_ron_ix

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    I was wondering if anyone had got thier head resurfaced, hot tanked, and had a Valve job done in the P.C. area. Looking to find a machine shop to get my head ready for a new head gasket and ensure it isn't cracked. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :aha:

10. dsmtnr

dsmtnr Proven Member

Joined Dec 19, 2007
    Crestview, Florida
    I'm about an hour eat of you, in Crestview

298  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 1G DSM
  11. Elek_ron_ix

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    Fimally found my way back to Panama City and got my head gasket done. Just looking for some local Dsm'ers to meet with around the area. My cars running but doesn't boost so i need to adjust my waste gate actuautor arm i believe. Doing a leak down test this weekend to see if thats all i nned to worry about and put my old tune on my AEM stand alone. Again anyone around the area with knowledge about our cars would be awesome. :hellyeah:

12. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Holy crap, I forgot about this thread.

Anyway, I'm having a couple of guys come over to my place on Monday to watch me put my transmission back together cause it doesn't seem as though anyone here in town knows how to work on them except for me (and just trying to help spread some knowledge). Just shoot me a pm if you'd like to come over....at about 3 P.M. I'm off that day, so that's the reasoning for the day and time.

As for the car not boosting, are ya sure the wastegate flapper isn't open?

Lastly, I work at Pepboys on 23rd street usually at night during the week and weekends during the 1st half of the day (on the days that I work) but it varies. Go to Haney the 1st half of the day.

Scott

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  13. Elek_ron_ix

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    maybe I will stop bythe first half of the day. Have college to go to in the evening. Yeah pretty sure its the waste-gate but could be wrong. When I manually hit the throttle cable I don't see the waste-gate actuator arm move at all. I figure I just need to take the C clamp off and open and close the flapper a bit. Then readjust the actuator arm and go from there. Redid my vacuum hoses yesterday and going to try and do a leak down test this weekend. Maybe my car will be a beast again. Was sitting for pretty close to 2 years before I got to fix my head gasket.

14. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    The wastegate actuator arm doesn't move unless you go into boost so hitting the throttle while sitting still won't do any good unless you have a stutterbox (which you do) and build boost. But it sounds like the flapper door is staying open or ya have a boost leak.

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  15. Elek_ron_ix

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    well got it registered again today and took it for a cruise found a tube loose. I got to six PSI, so think after i put my old tune on the computer and get the right setting son the AEM boost controller. I also heard my BOV working so feel better it just needs fine tuned. I will do the boost leak check this weekend in my down time. Thanks for the info V8's are slow good to know.

16. Damills

Damills Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2007
    Mary esther, Florida
  17. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Okay, +1 for wanting to see the awd Colt. I'm game.

Nice ride ya have there. How much does that thing weigh anyway?

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  18. Damills

Damills Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2007
    Mary esther, Florida
    Thanks, honestly I have yet to weigh it. It does awd burnouts though LOL :sneaky:

19. Elek_ron_ix

Joined Sep 26, 2007
    Youngstown, Florida
    The colt sounds like it is a beast. Still trying to get my '95 Eagle Talon TSi working properly but everyday it seems i get closer. It drives fine just seems every month something new pops up. Panama City Dsm'er also.

20. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    I think I see yours around town from time to time. Mine "should" be up and running this month sometime then it'll be on the road again. Been down for almost a year now. People were so use to seeing my car there, everyone thought I had quit my job after it broke and wasn't driving it anymore. But it'll be well worth the wait.

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  21. Ibbanez

Ibbanez Proven Member

Joined May 24, 2009
    Fort Walton Bea, Florida
    Hey guys, I used to live in pc before I became a dsm'r but now live in Navarre, fl and work in fwb and Pensacola..... I'd be down to meet up with a few people.... I do all my own work and the car is a beast..... Panda 90 awd with 2.3 stroker, twin disk, aluminum driveshaft, and so many many other things... The newest addition to the beast is the Hoosiers at all 4 corners....that with over 30 psi on an fp3065 ='s one hell of a good time :)

22. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Pics? Track times? Anything? Just wondering.

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  23. v8s_are_slow

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Any of you guys still around here? I think I'm one of the last few guys left that's still into these cars.

1K  20

10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  24. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    I'm not in Panama City, but I'm in Pensacola. Just bought another DSM to add to the collection.

66  3

2015 Ford Edge Sport
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  25. rebelboost

rebelboost Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Pensacola, Florida
    I am running around Pcola area! You ever been out here?

682  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4