The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

over heating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J95GST

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2005
cocoa, Florida
Okay trying to figure out what is wrong with my car.

i have checked my coolent everyday this week and it has been fine.
My temp is normal but. when i get on it pretty hard like i ran 1st2ndand3rd out the other night and by the time i hit third i looked down and my temp gauge is wayy up high.
its not in the H but its pretty close but as soon as i slow down and just start driving normal it goes right back down so is this normal or what???

temperatures do tend to get pretty high when you drive hard. as long as it goes back to normal and its not getting hot enough to start coming out your overflow I think you will be alright.

yeah when i hit 2nd and 3rd white smoke comes out the back
but i was told thats normal means your runin rich..

the temp starts to go up when i'm about 100mph +
but i can cruz at a 100mph and the temp be fine just when im on it hard it goes up

white smoke means the head gasket is leaking/failing. i'd recommend replacing now or in the near future.

greeeeeeeatt
well that makes since. how long do yall think i can drive it like this??
I am planing on a 6bolt swap this winter when i have some more time.
I already have the 6bolt
should I just put the head from my 6bolt on the 7bolt for now ?? how much work would that be???

If the engine is going in the scrap anyways I would keep driving it and just top it up with water. I dont think you could do any harm to anything else. If it doesnt last till then, oh well time to do the swap.

just replace the hg with a autozone one if your going to do the 6bolt
it would be better than killing it

i want to take my car to the track this weekend
Do you think i would be able to change a head gasket within a day?
i have never done one before how hard is it?
And would i be losing power from this??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back