The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ok so sideskirt time, but not clip issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
So I'm sideskirts are falling off but the clips are bad of course, but I've bought new ones and they do no good. So my problem is not the clips but the things the clips slide into. The plastic piceces that are molded onto the sideskirt mine are broke for the most part. Do I need to buy new sideskirts or can I repair this. Include links if u can ###

Thanks in advance Drew

DSM!

i super glued mine, haha. it worked well. i wouldn't do it if you have a nice paint job though!

nothing that some clips JB Weld(ed) to the side skirt cant fix... ill be damned to buy new side skirts because of that... just use some JB Weld at any auto parts or auto zone and glue them to the side skirts in place.. happy camper

i will hate you if you buy new skirts LOL jk... because bro im telling you it will be a matter of time before those skirts get it too... sorry to burst your bubble but remember these parts are like 10+ yrs old

Definately clip it. Don't glue it right on your car....I put my sideskirts on with some double sided foam tape stuff made by 3M and they're still holding good...I would also try the jb weld first

I'd prob do the holders in case you need to replace a clip at somepoint... It should hold good. They call it jb WELD for a reason LOL good luck

I'd use something like Gorilla Glue instead of JB Weld. However the Weld is pretty good too. Make su re you clean the sureface and then go over it with like brake clean just to get all the dirt and oily residue off. Hell even some h eavy grit sand paper will help mating surfaces together.

Why gorilla glue instead of jb weld? You have no reasons.... I don't like gorilla glue... I think it holds like shit and it will break loose eventually... I know about you but I wouldn't want to do it more then once.... For this project I'd use jb weld, you want the clip holders to be strong and of course your not going to want them back apart

Just double stick tape the skirts to the car dude. I had this same problem, and 3000 miles and a bunch of highway runs the side skirt still has yet to fly off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back