The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Odd Wires Causing Major Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Jacks Hands

Proven Member
Sep 10, 2019
Fairfax, Virginia
I have a random group of wires that are just floating around that seem to be causing me a lot of issues. I'll post pictures below. There are no missing pins in the ECU and they go in with the rest of the ECU wire bundle. These groups of wires seem to be wrapped with a brown wrap/guard before going into the mass black wrap, there is a solid black wire, a solid white wire, a black wire with red dash marks, and two silver exposed pieces. Ever since I messed with these wires my logs have just started being extremely inconsistent to where the engine will eventually just die. Please help if you can. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 38
  • log.2020.08.26-02.elg
    418.5 KB · Views: 17
These wires are coming from the C-66 piece of the harness according to https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/the-1990-engine-control-wiring-harness.412841/ and from C-61 according to my manual. I cannot seem to find any other wires in the loom that aren't being plugged directly into the 24-pin connector. Is there a diagram that I am missing that would show every single wire that would be in that loom even if not attached to the 24-pin connector? Even zooming in on the photos I don't see and lone wolf wires supposed to be attached elsewhere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back