The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

nut size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBurroughs

15+ Year Contributor
May 31, 2004
Frederick, Maryland
Any idea what the nut size is for the 2 nuts that attach to the bolts coming from the turbo to the downpipe? One of the nuts fell off, again, and now i have nice exaust gasses flowing into my engine and into my car, and with the cold weather setting in, having the windows up with the fumes going into the car is a bad idea...

It was told its a 12x25 from the dealership, but i tried a 12mm and it didnt fit.... it was close, because it would turn for about one full turn, but then it would be impossible to tighten without the risk of stripping the bolt. The nut from the dealership is like 7 bucks... any ideas of a better source? or is there a way to make the 12mm nut fit? thx in advance for replies

LOL, yea me too :p
but i think im just gonna go through the dealership, i guess i start practicing bending over now

Im pretty sure it is a 12mm but Im not sure of the thread pitch. You can go to a hardware store and get a 12x1.25 nut, 12x1.5 nut, 12x1.0, and a 12x.75 nut for about $1. Figure out which one fits and then get the 2nd nut in the same size. Do you still have 1 nut or are both gone? If you still have 1 left, take it to the hardware store and match it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back