The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Non- turbo Headers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badabing33a

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2008
Louden, New_Hampshire
as some of you know, im doing alot of bolt on mods. now im wondering what headers to get. headers that have good performance and not too costly.

good luck man! Let me know if you find something good quality. All I've been able to find is a Pacesetter, and I've heard less than sparkling endorsements. I'm in a similar boat. My stock NT manifold is cracked, so is every other one in the world, and a new one is $2-300. I thought about having a new stock one extrude-honed, but apparently the stock one is already a little too thin to handle the job on a stock 2.0NT. That seems like a waste. I found some references to a racing shop in MN that used to make one. Maybe if you find out who, they might be able to make you one. There are a couple of other threads on this. This forum is where I got my info. You should search harder. Seriously, let me know if you find anything.

thanks Hideki, im going to pick these up and try them. Brownfinger, i will let you know how they work.

i was just on ebay and found some nt 1g 4-2-1 headers from zomk speed. they are $100.49 with shipping. slightly cheaper than the ones in the link. i cant get the link for the zomk speed headers bc im on ebay with my ps3 but they arent hard to find. someone should check them two out and let me know which to get.

if you wait a little bit I will be able to send you some slightly used ones for 60. They're 4-2-1 headers.
But way better quality then those ones shown. Fit like a charm, no cracks.

Lofty, do you have pics of your 4-2-1 headers? and about when would you be able to sell them?

and which of these 2 headers that ARFWD found would be better? they each have great welds. or, maybe lofty's would be better. id like to get some of ebay and do a tech post since us nt guys all have the same questions. but then again id like the better headers. Lofty, some pics would be nice.

and which of these 2 headers that ARFWD found would be better? they each have great welds. or, maybe lofty's would be better. id like to get some of ebay and do a tech post since us nt guys all have the same questions. but then again id like the better headers. Lofty, some pics would be nice.

It will be 3-4 weeks you'd have to wait, ARFWD asked me for them, but if he doesnt want them I'll message you.

ok well let me know if i dont get the headers which im ordering saturday (i get paid on saturdays). im surprised not many nt owners have headers and still have an exhast manifold.

Just an FYI ... about 9 years ago I bought my first DSM, it was a 91 2.0 nt Laser which I installed the pacesetter header on, it wasnt shiny or pretty but I did notice top end gains with the sacrifice of low end power, other than the metioned I didnt have any other complaints. Let us know how the ebay one works out...

thats what i wanna hear LOL. and yea i will let everyone know how they work. should have it sometime next week.

I saw two different listings on ebay for what looked like the same design headers. The listings had different pictures. One photo clearly showed the mounting tab that bolts the downpipe section to the engine near the oil filter. I think that's important to support the exhaust. Otherwise, it all hangs from the exhaust port studs. The other listing, the one hideki gave a link to, the photos didn't show the tab. It might be there, it might not.
I bet most NT guys have the stock manifold because you can't replace JUST the manifold, you kinda have to do it all-or-nothing. Personally, I'd like to retain heat-shields, especially at the head and under the oil-pan.

The other night i found some headers for a laser on ebay. They were OBX, anyone ever heard of this brand. I would put up the link, but for some reason my computer wont allow it. I hate technology sometimes.

It looks 100% identical to the other two. I bet they're all coming out of the same factory in China. I wouldn't pay $155 for the same thing others are selling for half the price. There isn't 1 thing that makes me believe any of these products aren't coming from the same source. Does anyone see any sign of any kind of gasket at the flex connection? However, the absence of a gasket might provide the highly desirable "sexy burpble" noise?:cool::D:

Yeah those are the ones that I found. Like stated before I wouldnt pay that much for the same thing that is half that price. I wouldn't doubt that all these are from the same manifacturer and are being sold as different companies to make a buck.

Badabing33, when you get your header installed, could you try to make an informed judgement as to whether or not just the manifold section could work as a straight replcement for the stock manifold? That whole header system is half the price of a new manifold from misterbishi. I have a cracked manifold bolted to a brand new front pipe. It would be schweet if it were a direct fit.:dsm:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your not going to gain 10hp from putting a header on a N/T dsm.

Up to 10 with a full system in, yes.
That's being generous too, seeing as every car acts differently. With my car and a full 2.5 inch system with a highflow cat feels completely different then the stock system.
If not, prove me wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back