The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

New ride - Twin Turbo Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NosLaser

DSM Wiseman
Apr 22, 2002
Cape Coral, Florida
Couple people have asked, so I figured I'd make a thread about my new purchase.

It's a 1998 (sorry Lando) crystal white Mustang Cobra with 34k original miles. Specs as follows:

ENGINE
Teksid block
B-heads with upgraded components (springs, retainers, ect.) with custome white powder-coated valve covers.
CP pistons 8.5:1 compression
Manley forged Rods
Stock balanced crank

SUSPENSION
Front: UPR tubular K-member with A-arms and coil-over shocks, with heavy duty BBR front sway bar
Rear: Eibach l1" lower springs and Bilstein rear shocks, heavy duty rear sway bar.

BRAKES:
upgraded front: 13in. corss-drilled rotors and braided brake lines
upgraded rear: 11.2in. cross-drilled rotors and braided brake lines

TURBO KIT
Custom 1 of a kind Power by the Hour (PBTH) TT with polished 61mm Master Power Turbos
All steel hot side, black powder coated, with V-bands
Custom air to air inter-cooler
Polished aluminum cold side
Titan turbo blankets
Custom 1 of a kind polished sheet metal intake with optional multiple injector port option.
Autometer steering wheel mounted phantom boost gauge

FUEL SYSTEM:
Stock tank
Ford GT pump with Boost a pump
60lb injectors
Autometer digital wide-band gauge

TRANSMISSION
upgraded to TR 3650 5-speed
Mcleod Clutch, pressure plate, and Ford throw-out bearing

COOLING SYSTEM
Fluidyne large 3-core aluminum radiator
New Ford Fan
new factory water pump

REAR END:
New 31 spline Moser axles
New 3.55 FMS gears and bearings

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Car made 550rwhp on 11 pounds of boost on pump gas with a real conservative tune, drives like a bone stock car, ice cold a/c, all power, etc.

How much you reckon one of them wagon dragsters cost? I want one!!!

Very nice it would look even better red tho. :D

I shall dub thee nimbus, the white cloud of terror haha

Thanks guys. I have to give credit to the previous owner; he is the definition of OCD, and the car shows. He put a lot of time and money into it, but sold it to me so he could buy a new ZO6.

His other ride is an original Fox body Saleen that he has owned for 20 years that runs 9.3 at 153mph, and is mint.

More like... Twin turbo SLOWBRA.
I'll bet a couple of Teksid blocks would pull a premium one week before race wars.

In all seriousness, nice purchase!

That's one sick Mustang, props! :thumb:

302? Convert liters to milliliters, call them cubic centimeters (same thing as mL) and convert to cubic inches. Viola! Your 5.0 has just became a 305 :)

And your 5.7 is a 348. Close enough right?

Looks great, Asian! tee hee

Grrrr....

LOOVE how you you mention it drives like a stock car. Man I miss those days!
Did the 5.0 have to go?

Yeah, I sold the Fox :( I really liked that car, but the wifey hated it haha. She likes this one so I think I'm in the clear.

Thanks everyone for the props/funny comments (n0de)

Wow, mean looking ride. Really cool though!

Is this a DD, or you planning on taking it to another level?

Thanks man.

For now it's gonna be a nice weather/weekend car, and I plan on keeping it as streetable as possible. I'm well past the power limits of the 3650 trans, so I'll have to take it real easy for now (you can get on it, launch it, but absolutely no power shifting).

That said, it'll remain at its current power level for a bit, but plans for a t56 are in the works (I think it would be nicer for street driving than a TKO600). I also want to upgrade to a real engine management system; leaning towards the AEM ems since I know a really good tuner that is a wizard with that system. The motor/turbos/fuel system are already plenty, so nothing is needed there, but the car should make mid 600's at the tires at just 15 pounds of boost on pump gas (makes 550 now on 11 pounds) so I'll probably bump the boost up with the new tune to accompany the ems. I may go a little wild and throw a race gas tune in at 20 pounds, but we'll see. The motor is built, the intake manifold has custom ports for up to 16 additional fuel injectors, so with a bit more fuel system, the car is capable of well over 900rwhp.

This exact setup went 9.5's at 151mph in another Cobra, so there is plenty of power potential, but I don't want to take the car TOO far past street driveability.

Turboner.

This is basically what I've been threatening to do next: RWD, Big CID Turbo(s) and manual or at least clutchless trans in a Fox Body or Vette.

Well done.

I think we need a vid of this thing running!

Weather is doo doo right now, but I may take it out to a local spot tomorrow and take a quick 2nd gear pull video or something if it's nicer out.

It has been to the track once, and with a baby launch and balancing a checkbook between shifts, it went 11.5 at 125. Really getting after it, car should be high 10's at around 130 the way it sits provided the trans held up.

Raining for 3 days straight, with no real sign of letting up any time soon :(

But I'll get one eventually.

Just spotting this as I rarely visit the hangout anymore, and as much as I tell myself I dislike Mustangs - Damn. Gorgeous car.

Quick dyno vid from a local car show. At least now those who asked about it can hear it run. I added a Tial bov to the car just prior to this vid:

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnzVwz-u4SQ]98 Cobra TT dyno baseline - YouTube[/ame]

Plans for the very near future is a retune at around 15psi, with hopes of low-mid 600's at the tires. Should be fun for a pump gas, 20 mpg, ice cold a/c, killer stereo daily driver.

I gots a lot of buddies that, well, you know, I can just hop in their cars a come find you. Just saying il be on the lookout for you come august of next year. :D ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back