The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new kid on the DSM block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIRman67

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Billings, Montana
hey I got a '98 eclipse GS-t fixing it as of now oil filter housing went phffft!!!!!
need a little advice on removing the crank shaft pulley without ####ing up timing any suggestions plus I don't have any special tools and have no way of getting them for a while

If you're only taking off the crank pulley, timing has nothing to do with it. Just line the notch with 0 and lodge a half inch breaker bar in the center bolt, rest it against the ground or suspension and loosen the four bolts.

took off the four bolts already and now the crank pulley isn't coming off thinking I might just ride a bicycle to o'reilly and get the things I need to get it off might come in handy later too

yeah I'm not too experienced to really get DEEP into the car right now just reaplcing the parts that are a pain but are still accessible to ppl like me who don't know much yet

well I got the pulley off and well the harmonic balancer belt was snapped dammit well gonna have a mechanic help me here, well got my old subie running for the winter til I get the mitsu fixed

haven't had the funds to get the parts needed for this car kinda on a noose-tight budget with best buy cutting my hours lately, hopefully getting bio-life to supplement income in need of new pulleys' and belts also gonna need instruction and teaching on timimg in person as I have no clue how to, car may have to be parked in the barn over the winter if I can't get her fixed driving the Blue Bomber right now

here's what the Blue Bomber looks like u'll hear it roaming around king ave. tomorrow thru saturday
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

oh and here's a pic of my broken girl

those were when she was new 2 me and here's some interior and exterior pics from when I first got her

and this is the only mod I've done to the car upgraded the stereo system and couldn't get to the stock tweeter area so drilled some holes

Last edited:
so today was the day of days I finally bought the first item onmy list for doing this fix on my car got a replacement water pump...might as well seeing as I'm in that area already now all that's let is the 1.) timing belt kit 2.)timing belt tensioner 3.)and new crankshaft pulley will update as i make progress

Hey I have the same car but a 97! Nice car. If you need any parts let me know because im gonna do a complete rebuild!

i can't tell if u are saying stock as if it were good or bad but yeah the engine bay was really clean after I got done detailing and stuff, and I miss driving it just waiting for funds and time to all happen for me but unitl then she sits in the barn kinda looking angry at me

I'm also looking for a crank pulley that I can find for less than $50 if at all possible mine has pieces chipped off of it and also help locating new splash guards as well gaskets or not

I really think you will have to go to somebody who hasd some wrecked dsm's to get the parts. The dsm is a scarce commodity in our neck of the woods. If you put it out on the general forum you might have better luck. The evil-bay has put lot's of stuff on my talon. Tres in Kalispell

Girman, im moving to san diego and if want to come and see the parts i have call me today 406-850-0969 im packing everything up tomorrrow sunday! John

well thanks to john here I got an engine, thanks again man gonna be tinkering with it over the winter and possibly finally fixing the Mitsu it's been glaring at me lately, have I gone slightly crazy or do u guys experience that too....here are some pics

when I first went in to fix my car I went in to replace this little hard to find thing

but when I got to where I needed to be to change it out i found this

which is this only torn to pieces

well gf is witholding all forms of sex and teasing till I fix the mitsu so that I'm motivated to get it done asap so gonna try to start to will post pics as I progress

FML I get the car all put together and it doesn't allow me to push in the throttle without killing itself

sorry haven't posted progress on car for a while now so long story got the eclipse running well before Christmas and is running like a dream again
new modificatiosn are
Vibrant crankcase breather filter
3" cat-back Exhaust
HKS SSQVII BOV recirculated of course
cold air intake possible Injen
and Spectre High Flow Air Filter
mods soon Fidanza lightened Flywheel (depending on if the pics show that it's in good enough condition for me to consider buying it)
knocking out the catalytic converter
Manual Boost controller from Hallman
picture of the car

The BOV
looks like a ray gun LOL

cold air intake the pipe I picked up from a junkyard pull for $10

the reason i believe my pipe is from Injen

I will have a new pick of the engine bas soon as I get it washed up inside

Lookin good, man! I'd suggest posting your updates on the MAEC site, as I think the locals spend more time on there than here. You gonna make it to the meet next weekend?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back