The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

need to pull codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chehsgsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2007
monroe, New_Jersey
dose anyone have a code reader that they could show me how to use. i live in monroe rite by raceway park if anyone can help itd be great ### i dont have the mony for a reader and i have no idea how to use one... thanks for the help

Most of them will do it for free, just call around and ask if they charge anything to find out why your check engine light is on. If you have a Pepboys in your area, they normally pull the codes and give you an estimate for free.

i heard some rumors that they only touch OB11's just wondering if this is true ### i have an ob1 and on a side note are the ob1 and ob11 swapable like can i make my car an ob11 oe is it to hard and complicated???

on a side note are the ob1 and ob11 swapable like can i make my car an ob11 oe is it to hard and complicated???

No. Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon were OBDII compliant in 95. Check your production date.

Read info below. Source - http://www.pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=faq_gs_whichcar

OBDI (pre '96 cars)

OBDI is not a standard. While most people refer to cars that aren't OBDII as OBDI, there were no specifications set forth as "OBDI". Cars not manufactured to OBDII spec were not required to adhere to any rules as far as the design of ECU communications. Each manufacturer was free to create there own way to 'talk' to the ECU. It is not as simple as having a cable that plugs into the port. You need to know what to 'say' to the ECU and you need to know what the ECU is going to say back. None of this information is public knowledge. Any information that is out there has been reverse engineered, a very time consuming task. Due to this fact, just because we have a "DSM" version that works with an "OBDI" car doesn't mean it's compatible with other OBDI cars. We may or may not develop a logger version for other popular OBDI cars. At this point no immediate plans have been made.

OBDII

The US government mandated that all cars manufactured for and after the 96 model year be OBDII compliant. Some manufactures picked up OBDII compliance as early as 94, but typically 95 or 96. If your car is 96 or later, it's OBDII compliant (but still may not work, keep reading). If its 94 or 95, OBDII compliant cars will say so on their under hood sticker.

well that was very helpfull LOL thanks soo much that totaly cleared everything up.. i have a 1985 ford(merkury) merkur xr4ti and i had this huge tool to pull codes off of it but the tool did alll kinds of cars so it makes sense that it was that big if it had to store all those difrent languages LOL but thanks alot for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back