1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Need help with 1g spoiler install

Posted by Red_EcliPzE_GsX, Sep 11, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Red_EcliPzE_GsX

Red_EcliPzE_GsX Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Irving, Texas
    Hello everyone, recently the middle section of my 3 piece spoiler on my 1990 gsx has come loose and slipped off. I’ve noticed some broken clips, and missing hardware on the body of the car itself where the spoiler locks into place.

Looking at the replacement middle section, all clips are intact and not broken which is good news. But I noticed there are 2 mounts where it seems a screw or bolt of some kind seems to go from underneath the hatch.

My question is does anyone know the size/length of these 2 bolts? I feel like these are the main 2 bolts that really secure the middle section spoiler to the car. These were also missing on my broken one that probably explains why it has started to slip off.

See my pictures for reference.

Thanks

Attached Files:

350  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    I'm seeing M6 x 1.00 x 12mm long flange bolts in ASA, part number MS100221.