The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Need a little advice

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyJ

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2003
Albany_New_York
Hey whats up I just recently bought a 99 GS with 53000 miles and Im in between a little conflict. I have about 1200.00 cash and should be reiceivng another 1000 in a month or so and was wondering wether i should buy the howell bottom end kit first or instead save up during the summer and buy a hahn stage 2 and rebuild in the winter when i have some more free time to work and gather money. The reason I am not sure what to do is because I am not sure if I can run a stage 2 kit at around 5 psi daily wiithout a rebuild safely for about 6 months. If you have any suggestions as to what i should do please reply thanks alot

do the bottom end kit first. your car will be slower when you slower the compression to 8.6, but you will be all ready for a turbo. check out the thread about hahn sounds and video. i just finished building my 420a bottom and top end.

you can do the turbo kit and only run 5lbs and be fine.

How about try the TTI thick headgasket for under $200. Drops your compression about 1 point so 5 psi would be a bit safer. Safer, not safe. Might as well wait for HRC to get their shit straight. Right now they are working on some REALLY cool items such as their FICU. Also, they will be going to go to a 2.5" downpipe and an in-tank pump instead of an external. Lots of fun stuff coming from HRC soon.

Alright thanks alot for the imput guys i appriciate it and i am still open for more but i think im gonna rebuild cause im just to worried Thanks again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back