The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

MFI/MPI Relays and aem ems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldseclipse

15+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2008
San Diego, California
well the mpi and mfi relays are clicking, the relays get hot after a few minutes and every time they do click they turn of my only external fuel pump this problem goes away with the stock ecu but with the aem ems the problem continues, its on a 97 2g 6bolt swap w/ 2g head, auto tranny swap, , the ems is not tunned im just trying to cut my tunning cost down by doing all wiring my self (aem wide band, aem true boost, aem 3.5 bar map, and gm air sensor) any help would be great, if not ill find anther power source for fuel pump

Which series ems and PN# are you using? I have had the 30-1300 EMS for almost a year and a few days ago, I had a similar issue with the MPI relay. Mine as clicking erraticaly and the EMS would not connect properly. After about an hour I found the culprit. My pin connector for lambada in had wiggled loose and was not making complete contact with the EMS pin. Once I fixed the loose connection the problem was gone.

Same thing happened to mine. Could be if you unplug the ECU with out disconnecting the battery. Swapped in one from my parts car and it worked great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back