1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

looking for dsm'ers in clarksville area

Posted by born2tune, Jan 2, 2010

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    ive seen many dsmers around but im calling for the real tuners not the ricers.

if anybody is interested in meeting up to chat and help each other out in tuning ask/answer questions learning.

my friend owns a coffee shop on 41A, its called SWEET BUNS right off gate 4,

there is a car club that shows up every friday at 7, im not in it but FYI.

im always in and out of the shop, my name is "bo"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. 1GbSexyTime

1GbSexyTime Probationary Member

Joined Jan 3, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I live in clarksville! Im new to the dsm camp but not new to cars, I also have a blue WRX that im building right now. My roommate is a hardcore dsm guy, we have tons of spare parts in our garage. Just let me know if you ever want to stop by and drink a beer.

3. boomtime

boomtime Probationary Member

Joined Jan 4, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    your room mate is the one with all the fanny packs right???

4. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I'm here on post, and wouldn't mind meeting some of the locals, I've seen some nice DSMs out there, look forward to meeting the drivers :thumb:

Eric:laser:

254  0

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. Tunerkid19

Tunerkid19 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 16, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Im in clarksville. i own a 90 laser rs that sits in the garage ### i cant get it to start. im still learnin the whole dsm thing but ive got the basic principle. i drive a red and black s10 blazer. the lasers my project for now, but id love to get it on the road again.

292  0

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I know there is more of us then this, where are the guys that drive the silver and white 1gs? I've seen them at the Clarksville drag strip. Anyway, you guys decide on a specific date adn time, and I'll make it out there :thumb:

254  0

manual · 1G DSM
  7. Tunerkid19

Joined Jan 16, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    yea seriously, i've seen a solid white one at the strip. i talked to him, he said the only this he did was add a bigger turbo and a boost controller.

292  0

manual · 1G DSM
  8. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    hi everyone again, i will be going the clarksville speedway this thursday the 21st it starts @ 5pm

my ride is a 2g purple and black now LOL, and my friend will brong his 72 camaro, so if you see the camaro you will see me too, i will show up with no front bumper but only with a huge intercooler, trying to get some times, i have not taken my dsm yet so its my first time at the track.

9. Tunerkid19

Joined Jan 16, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    well good news, i got mine to live again!!!
    born2tune...i was unaware the track was open again. ill be goin then but i wont be racing, the cars not ready but i will be spectating. if i see ya ill say something. hope to see ya and anyone else

292  0

manual · 1G DSM
  10. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    that white 1g i believe is my neighbor i havent really had a chance to talk to him LOL

11. chanley talon

chanley talon Proven Member

Joined Nov 10, 2005
    Spencer, Indiana
    Hey Bo! Im looking forward to going to a track some where in the spring to try some new items out. Maybe we could arrange a day for all dsms at a track.

Street Build 773  2

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  12. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    yea, i didnt even try to go to the track yesterday because as you know it was wet, but next thrusday?
    what do you think? i will create a thread for it.

13. Tunerkid19

Joined Jan 16, 2010
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    yea that sucked, i was excited to hear that the track was opening again then it storms. what the crap is this?! i need to get the timing on my laser adjusted right and get it there. i cant wait to see what i run in it. that and some new tires

292  0

manual · 1G DSM
  14. jdmstyle2k10

jdmstyle2k10 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 8, 2010
    Nashville, Tennessee
    hey (1gsexytime) got a spare 97 gst motor or just tha bottom end

15. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    So what's the plan? Are we going to meet up at the track anytime soon? I'm dumping some money into my car (tax returns are awesome :D). So I'll be up and running in a few weeks tops. And is it Thursday nights now? Last time I went was on Friday or Saturday (Midnight Madness?) Anyway, you guys let me know and I'll try to have the Laser up and running by the time we all agree to meet LOL

Eric

254  0

manual · 1G DSM
  16. IHeartMyHonda

IHeartMyHonda Proven Member

Joined Jul 12, 2006
    murfreesboro, Tennessee
    im in the area (kinda). bout 25 mins outside of nashville. not too many dsm'ers around these parts.

931  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  17. 97gst1126

97gst1126 Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Damn makes me wish mine wasnt sold i wanted to get some track time with the new setup. I only have the car for a month longer. Need to get a meet going sometime, Im not too far from clarksville.

18. bmxunderground

bmxunderground Proven Member

Joined Dec 11, 2007
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    40 mins outside Clarksville and Nashville.... just chiming in. I'll be around.

19. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I've heard they have a pretty nice track in Bowling Green? Clarksville's track has never heard of track prep LOL. I'm also wanting to say Bowling Green has a 1/4 mile track instead of our 1/8th?

Eric

254  0

manual · 1G DSM
  20. 97gst1126

97gst1126 Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    murfreesboro, Tennessee
    ya bowling green has the 1/4th.. I used to go up there awhile bike. There stuff was prepped good back then , but not sure about lately. Its called beech bend.

21. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Any idea when it opens? I'd be down for a meet up there some weekend. I want to get a legit timeslip for the new setup LOL

Eric

254  0

manual · 1G DSM
  22. Shaggy_357

Shaggy_357 Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2004
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Bump for the cause :D

254  0

manual · 1G DSM
  23. born2tune

born2tune Proven Member

Joined Dec 30, 2009
    clarksville, Tennessee
    finally got some numbers on the talon, but just an 1/8, im going again this weekend and clarksville speedway and see if i can get my shifting right LOL!!

24. daindaniel

daindaniel Probationary Member

Joined Mar 1, 2010
    fort campbell, Kentucky
    i have a 1990 eagle talon tsi for sale..it has no spark for some reason..its in over all good shape. the body needs a little work but other than that its in good shape..did run good before i lost spark. its all stock.1200.00 email me at daindaniel@yahoo.com if interested. i live in clarksville.thanks

25. SrKegler

SrKegler Proven Member

Joined Feb 29, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    New to the area, just got in from Jacksonville, FL. Hope someone has a spare 1G MAF laying around. I've got an AIT code that won't clear.