The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Log at 17 PSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Glenview_IL
Last night I did a log to see how my tuning was. It was at 17 PSI with -14 across the board with 550s. Peak timing is good, but I am concerned about how low my timing drops and why is stays low for so long. I think I am to lean from 2-3k and 3k+ I am still too rich. Any opinions on what settings I should use? Also, does the 2g ECU decrease timing until boost begins to build because the timing climbs once I hit full boost.

Attachments

• 6-25-04 17 PSI.jpg
    6-25-04 17 PSI.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 278
I like how you post your logs, very clean, easy to read. What OS are you using for window borders like that. Just curious. Also, on the plviewer timing chart, you could add the o2 voltage graph to it too, just so see how o2's relate to timing.

As far as the log (was this a 3rd gear pull?), it looks pretty good. Yes, when boost hits, the ecu will pull timing down to 8 or so degrees, and then it should increase from there to 18 or 19 at the top of the gear. .96 is a tad rich from 3100 to 4200; you could lean those out a few percent. the .98 you could also lean out. Other than that, timing looks good. It does stay at 9deg for a while, don't know why it's doing that. Also go up to 7k rpm if you have the room wherever you're doing your pull at.

You could probably run 20psi on your setup; 16g, fmic, 550's. I would say don't change your safc settings since you are a little rich. Try 20psi, log again, and then we may need to lean a little more from there.

Thanks, yes disorganized logs are a pet-peeve of mine. I hate it when people post jumbles of info and it takes longer to interpret the log than to help them out. I'm using the pocketloggerviewer on www.pocketlogger.com and Windows XP Pro.

Anyway I did a few more logs at 17 PSI. Settings were 1-4k -12 and 4.5-7k -15. Looks like its knocking at the top so I will drop it back to where I was and try higher boost. And yes they are all 3rd gear pulls.

Attachments

• 6-26-04 17 PSI.jpg
    6-26-04 17 PSI.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 255
ChicagoGSX said:
Anyway I did a few more logs at 17 PSI. Settings were 1-4k -12 and 4.5-7k -15. Looks like its knocking at the top so I will drop it back to where I was and try higher boost. And yes they are all 3rd gear pulls.

Any o2 voltages on that log that might be knocking up top? It would be interesting to see what your o2 voltage is for the ecu to pull timing. Maybe .90 or something.

whoops I cut to much off of the log, guess it was to late. O2s were .96 from 3800-7k. They still seem a little high, especially because older logs that I have when I was stock show perfect timing advance with .94. I could try leaning it out further, but I don't want to damage anything. I might try a few pulls today and see what happens. BTW the car was really flying last night, it was pretty cool out (~50 degrees) so it was a good night for a drive.

Attachments

• 6-26-04 17 PSI.jpg
    6-26-04 17 PSI.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 242
I wouldnt rely so much on O2s. I know you guys have heard it all before, but let me add one more datapoint. Anything on my wideband between 10:1 and 12:1 shows up as .98-.98 volts. The temp of the sensor has a much bigger effect on its output than AFR, when you are at WOT. On a drag run (vs a highway pull, where the car has been up to temp for a long time and run hard most likely) O2 voltage is typically maxed out. When I trapped 119 on pump, I was at 11.x on the WBO2, but the votlage on the front O2 was 1.01, dropping to ~.99 as it heated up in fourth. O2 can be useful only if you know the state of the other factors that affect it, but its hard do much with it as an absolute number. Timing is far better all alone, for non DSMlinked 2Gs. Dont want to ramble on too long about it, just seemed like a good time to bring it up. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back