The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Local Tuner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Maniak

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2009
Butte, Montana
Does anyone know of some place/person that has experience with DSMLink or at the very least experience with tuning 4g63's. My car is pretty much done and just needs to be tuned in order to be drivable.

Underground performance is supposed to have some decent knowledge of it as far I was told
from some guy that works there who drives a 1gb talon

Under ground could probably do it if he has time, good guy but also very busy. Could try Nate I believe its P3 auto. He does mostly tuning has place over by Red Robin off Dimond. I have talked to him about doing my DSMlink also when its done. He's done link stuff before. 982-9081

Is anybody already or going to be running speed density set up because that's my plan I've reading into it
a lot ofcourse but it'd be cool if someone already had a decent knowledge of it too.

Is anybody already or going to be running speed density set up because that's my plan I've reading into it
a lot ofcourse but it'd be cool if someone already had a decent knowledge of it too.

I am waiting to see how far I can go with the stock 2g MAF. I'm guessing that 90oct is going to be the limiting factor so unless I somehow out flow the 2g MAF I'll just stick with that. We shall see though.

On a side note has anyone dealt with P3 Autowerks in Wasilla? I spoke to a guy named Seth on the phone and he said that he tunes DSM 's all the time and seemed fairly confident in his abilities.
I recently moved back to the valley and I'd like to avoid bringing the car back to Anchorage. It scraped so bad on the Uhaul trailer the other day, and once I finally got it on the trailer I couldn't open the doors because it hit the trailer so I had to climb in and out of the hatch. :ohdamn:

I've talked with him about 3000gt's and he seemed know what he was talking about. One of my friends had him repair his 1G and he was pleased with the work. Plus after his awd dyno goes in he should have definite advantage in tuning when can check out immediatly if it is right.

I've talked with him about 3000gt's and he seemed know what he was talking about. One of my friends had him repair his 1G and he was pleased with the work. Plus after his awd dyno goes in he should have definite advantage in tuning when can check out immediatly if it is right.

Yea after calling around I think I'm just going to wait for the dyno and have him tune it. I refuse to bring my car to underground after some of the stories I have heard.

Yea I wouldn't take my car there either not a good idea in my opinion, but I'm sure with the right amount of research and the ecmtuning forum you should be able to dial your car in pretty good and get it to idle and drive you just wouldn't want to do a bunch of WOT pulls until your AFR is consistent throughout the rpm range and your not seeing any knock I'm assuming there's a whole lot more to it but that's the general idea i have of it.

Yea I wouldn't take my car there either not a good idea in my opinion, but I'm sure with the right amount of research and the ecmtuning forum you should be able to dial your car in pretty good and get it to idle and drive you just wouldn't want to do a bunch of WOT pulls until your AFR is consistent throughout the rpm range and your not seeing any knock I'm assuming there's a whole lot more to it but that's the general idea i have of it.

Right now the tune on the car is decent enough to drive I just want someone to fine tune it because at WOT it is a bit too rich and the closed loop is horrible. It's "safe" but not optimal.

Did they give a price at P3 Imports tuning with dsmlink?

Yea he said that since i'm still using a MAF and that I have all the necessary gauges (boost, oil pressure, wideband) that it will be 200 give or take a bit. I spoke to some people around the valley and so far I have heard nothing but good stuff about P3 and Seth specifically so i'll give him a shot.

Well when your car actually runs you'll need a tune tooROFL

But then again idk if those holsets are even worth getting tuned.

First off I'm non-built bottom end is gonna out run your setup for cheaper 😒😈

Besides I'm gonna tune it myself maybe you should stop being a little girl and learn yourself 😉😉

Lol we'll see. I'm only home for 1 week out of the month so id like to drive my car instead of trying to figure that shit out. I'll learn how once I get V3.

I'm no expert, but if you follow the directions that came with ECMLink and hit up the forums, you'll dial it in pretty damned solid for street driving. STFT, LTFT, etc etc. WOT is another story. I usually shoot for 11.7:1 AFR with no more than 3 counts of knock.

I usually tune for timing with low boost until I hit 4 counts of knock, then figure out what rpm that's happening at, and dial the timing back 1-2 degrees until the knock goes away. Drive, log, tune, over and over. Eventually you'll get your timing dialed in pretty solid. From there, just for safety sake, I pull it another 1 or 2 degrees across the board in the boosted rpm area.

From there, I prefer to start increasing boost until I see knock, and then adjust my fuel to counter the knock, shooting for a nice safe AFR. A teeny bit of knock is ok if you're built... I would caution on the rich side if you have a stock bottom end. Black smoke is better than a blown motor any day, right?

Eventually after getting fuel and boost where you want, you can start screwing with timing again. It's a 3 way balancing act really.

If you want to be really technical... boost is a pretty crappy thing to tune with. You should watch your air flow reading "g/rev" and tune based on what you're flowing. Boost and airflow are related, but not the same.

That's just my .02 from my experience tuning with the Link.
As for speed density, check out ds-map.net - it's free!!! AFIK ECMLink doesn't do TRUE speed density, whereas Werewolf does. I'd have to fact check that, as it's been a while since I have compared the two. Either way, speed density will get you home with a blown intercooler pipe or whatever. A MAF setup will not.

Happy boosting :)

I'm no expert, but if you follow the directions that came with ECMLink and hit up the forums, you'll dial it in pretty damned solid for street driving. STFT, LTFT, etc etc. WOT is another story. I usually shoot for 11.7:1 AFR with no more than 3 counts of knock.

I usually tune for timing with low boost until I hit 4 counts of knock, then figure out what rpm that's happening at, and dial the timing back 1-2 degrees until the knock goes away. Drive, log, tune, over and over. Eventually you'll get your timing dialed in pretty solid. From there, just for safety sake, I pull it another 1 or 2 degrees across the board in the boosted rpm area.

From there, I prefer to start increasing boost until I see knock, and then adjust my fuel to counter the knock, shooting for a nice safe AFR. A teeny bit of knock is ok if you're built... I would caution on the rich side if you have a stock bottom end. Black smoke is better than a blown motor any day, right?

Eventually after getting fuel and boost where you want, you can start screwing with timing again. It's a 3 way balancing act really.

If you want to be really technical... boost is a pretty crappy thing to tune with. You should watch your air flow reading "g/rev" and tune based on what you're flowing. Boost and airflow are related, but not the same.

That's just my .02 from my experience tuning with the Link.
As for speed density, check out ds-map.net - it's free!!! AFIK ECMLink doesn't do TRUE speed density, whereas Werewolf does. I'd have to fact check that, as it's been a while since I have compared the two. Either way, speed density will get you home with a blown intercooler pipe or whatever. A MAF setup will not.

Happy boosting :)

Before I got the car it was tuned for e85 and when I purchased it the previous owner said it would do a quick tune to make it drive able on gas. So right now it is "ok" in open loop but closed loop is a mess. Do you think I would be better off starting with a stock tune tune and adjusting from there or just trying to fix the current one.

That's correct Lance, I'd start from scratch if I was you. Your injectors should be fairly easy to dial in just takes a little bit of time. Read that article I gave you about tuning you'll learn alot.

And get on the ecmlink forums!!! Stat!!

Lol we'll see. I'm only home for 1 week out of the month so id like to drive my car instead of trying to figure that shit out. I'll learn how once I get V3.
Maybe you should go back to Honda's :thumb: DSM's have been turning regular guys like you and me into mechanics and tuners since 1989 haha but you weren't born then ;)

That's correct Lance, I'd start from scratch if I was you. Your injectors should be fairly easy to dial in just takes a little bit of time. Read that article I gave you about tuning you'll learn alot.

And get on the ecmlink forums!!! Stat!!

Maybe you should go back to Honda's :thumb: DSM's have been turning regular guys like you and me into mechanics and tuners since 1989 haha but you weren't born then ;)

Big talk coming from a subie guy:p

Where can I get a stock tune from?

But this ex-subie guy seems to know alot more then you the so-called dsm expert LOL jk. I told you already when you up there to send out your ecu to upgrade to v3 that was like almost 4 months ago smh. in ecmlink you can toggle between stock and current maps. But you should be able to find on ecmlink wiki

But this ex-subie guy seems to know alot more then you the so-called dsm expert LOL jk. I told you already when you up there to send out your ecu to upgrade to v3 that was like almost 4 months ago smh. in ecmlink you can toggle between stock and current maps. But you should be able to find on ecmlink wiki

haha fine, I guess i'll finally send me ECU to them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back