The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Link for all types of BOV sounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well i guess its the type S for me since its the easiest to plumb back into the intake since my car doesnt like to let the bov vent into the aptmosphere. :(

I would like to buy the hks its sounds so good on my buddies sr20det. Where can you get flanges for them or do they sell an adapter for DSMs.

Originally posted by BernZ97GSX
well i guess its the type S for me since its the easiest to plumb back into the intake since my car doesnt like to let the bov vent into the aptmosphere. :(

hope you wasn't trying to vent your stock bov. that wasn't made to be vented

i would reccomend the hks to anyone. i had teh greddy and the diaphragm is a piece of shit. it leaked at idle and i only had the thing for less then a year. greddy wants 80 bucks for a new diaphragm. f*ck that. i have an hks now and i love it!!! :thumb:

really?? i heard from alot of ppl that the type s was the best on the market!! i was gonna get the hks at first and i changed my mind let ppl talk me out of it and now i'm buying a type s off my boy tomorrow. i have the 1g now and i think its a pos!! i was venting it but i had to put it back to the return b/c i was bogging and hitting fuel cut at 4500rpms. so i'm giving it away to a friend of mine and ima tell him to use it as a temp untill he gets his bov. w/ u saying that is making me scared to get the type s!!

i have no idea!! it was pissing me off! when i put it back into the intake it stopped!! it still does it alil but its not as bad!! so i'm getting the type s tomorrow

thats what it feels like!! once i put it back in the intake it stopped i felt more power in the car again!!

the 1G bov wasn't meant to be vented neither, I have the 1G an I love it.
I can actually vent my 1G and it drives fine, i sent it back to the intake anyway.
If you want to vent Ill go HKS

i have a greddy but shited to hks ssqv. greddy makes my check eng lite on, shifted to hks and its gone.... like tha way it sounds too, it has two psssssh

Looking for a clip of a stock 1G BOV without the recirculation attached. Thats what I have and will be using on my custom setup.

Thanks, Sam

I know the DSMs run like crap without the recirc. hooked up, but if anyone has this it would be great for me.

Originally posted by Spoolin702
On my car everytime I tried to run my blow off valve without the intkae adapter it would go then the car would almost come 2 a complete stop.What causes that?
you need to put the return pipe back on it needs the extra air or your mass air sensor will surge and may cause you to stall

i have the greddy type s and i think its the best sounding out, not too loud, but definetly gets peoples attention when i want it to, and im only running stock boost, i dont know about higher boost levels. sounds great, and does its job 100%, dunno about pricing but i love mine :D

does the stock 1g bov make the pstttt sound? how can i make it really loud? which bov is really loud?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back