The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Left Turn signal troubles [Merged 12-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIsean

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2004
Lasalle, Ontario_Canada
Only my left signal doesn't work. No buls flash and neither does the light on the dash. I was doing some wireing under the dash before this happened, could I have blown a fuse or pulled a wire?

Any suggestions before I dive back underthere tomarrow?

Thanks!

The 4 ways still work too so i'll have to look into the wiring.
Anyone know which color wire for sure is the left signal in that harness? The book doesn't give me much info.

Since you say your 4 ways work, check for faulty turn signal switch itself (in left position)or broken/disconnected green/blue wire coming from it (which is for the left signal lights). Note that the hazard switch also has a green/blue wire so don't get confused.

I've been getting electrical problems here lately. My left turn signal will blink normal, then all of the sudden I will hear my radar detector make an odd beep, and my radio switch off and back on, then my left signal will blink 3 times too fast. I'm always getting a hesitation at full throttle after it does this. What electrical wires should I be looking for that would be related to that left turn signal?

Question have a strut bar? i had the same problem and my battery terminal was grounding out on it.....but if not uve probably got a wire grounding out some where....try a continuity test...

Jesse

My left turn signal is stuck on, even when I have it in the right turn position the left is on. The clicking sound that I would assume is the solenoid or something sounds like it is coming from the HVAC area. I have no clue what to do with this. Anyone want to school me?

The clicking sound is the relay thats built into the hazard switch, it controls the turn signal functions as well. What happens if you switch the hazard switch, do the 4 ways come on?
95% of the time it is that relay that is causing it, to be sure I would switch it out with another one, or remove the connector from your turn signal stalk and pin it manually to see what the outcome is.

Cheers

My left side turn signal will not turn off... OMG my high beems and head lights work fine, but I cant seem to get out of the left turn position, when I move the lever up or down it still blinks and signals a left turn.. It SUCKS B@LLS when Im driving, everyone thinks Im going to make a left turn and slow down for me, well right before they roar passed me and give me the finger. :confused: I dont know what to do... Im in the middle of a intercooler and exhaust upgrade (broke)

please send a little help my way :sosad:

97gsx

You may also have a bad hazard switch. Go to a salvage yard and pick up a "turn signal and hazard flasher unit" (mitchelle says it's behind center of the dash)and a hazard switch. I'm looking at those schemtics right now and both those components are pretty intense looking. Start there and then get out your chilton and check those schematics if it still does not work.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your turn signal handle broke inside.

Unscrew the cover plate around your steering wheel -3 screws
Remove the turn signal assembly -2 screws , wiring connection
remove the rear face from the assembly. You will see 1 small long spring, and a cam lever with 2 nipples on it. One of the nipples is broke.
The broken piece is no bigger than 1/8 inch.

You can either buy a new assembly, or use plastic epoxy and glue it back together. If you glue it right it will hold, mines been holding for over 2 years.

As for everyone thinking your turning left, just pull the fuse until you get it fixed. Signal with your hands if you have to, Personally theres nothing worse than having to follow someone for 40 miles with their blinker on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back