The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Leaking Auto tranny fluid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleksLukic

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2004
Des Plaines, Illinois
Well yesterday was a meet I was attending and on the way home about 10 of us were messin around on the highway and I was running my car hard. So hard that the A/T temp light came on. Once that happened i slowed it alot and just cruised home in the slow lane. The light eventually went away but I was smelling mobil one tranny fluid very strongly in the car. When i parked the car at my girlfriends I noticed that it ws slowly dripping from underneath. I let the car cool for about 2 hours, and moved it just a few feet to check if the leak stopped. Sure enough still leaking. Anyone ever had this issue? Can anyone possibly diagnose this or tell me where to look. I hate leaks and I don;t want to spend all day under the car looking for the main lead. Anyne have any suggestions, as to what to look for first?? Never leaked before, only after the light came on did i smell it, and saw it leaking after. Thanks for your help.

I had an auto in my car before I swapped it out to a manual and yes I had a leak as well. Mine turned up to be rotten tranny cooler lines and they were seaping right though not leaking. Start there if not I have a nice rebuilt with less then 2,000km on it I pulled from mine to do the at/mt swap Translab shift kit and Alto end clutch mod. :thumb:

Try to locate the source of the leak, like hellotbone said. And invest in a good aftermarket tranny cooler-- it's a must. If I'd installed my cooler sooner, I might've saved my tranny. I just destroyed mine last week to the tune of $2400.

I was leaking transmission oil due to a small crack on the transmisson oil pan. This would be the first place I'd look for the leak if I were you. Look for cracks on the pan itself, and the gasket area. All I did was take the whole pan off and sealed the crack with some jb spot weld. Haven't had any leaks so far. Good luck..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back