The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Knock... Any ideas would help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I am getting alot of knock at 15+ psi... Im not sure why i don't think im running too lean but i could be wrong.. my wideband is at about 10.6:1 on WOT. and i think i have my timing set up pretty good. Here is a log let me know why you guys think im getting so much knock and it will sometimes go higher up to 12 degrees of knock.. also since this log i have raised my 4000-8500k rpm fuel sliders to about -4# or so...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes your timing is way too high. I see that you have raised the timing sliders 6 degree higher at high revolution. you should have them zeroed out and use the
ecu direct access maxocttiming table to adjust it properly. Look at the ecm tuning
site and watch for the demos. You will see how to track datalog and to set the timing map in relationship with your knock count.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back