The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is the T25 from the SR20DET the same as the eclipse turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey90gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
My friend has a SR20DET and it has a T25 in it. He said that its like the 16G, but they are both called T25s. Does anyone know the specs on this turbo? I just want to know what its capable of. Thanks. :)

it's a t-2-small from the 2g eclipse/talon, small ass turbo that all us 2g guys are stuck with stock. race him and shove it up there ;)

Thanks! :) His car is very quick on 12psi though (sotp). I cant wait to see what it runs at the track.

Some sr20det's came with the t28, so he might think he has that, seeing how they use the t25 housing. Or your friend is retarded.

12 psi is the border line with those turbos, any further and they will start to break oil seals and watnot. There great engines but made with the crummiest turbo. The gtir engine is the one with the t28 I think that can handle like 16psi. The gtir is a different sr20 all together, bigger rods bigger bore ect. Im in the middle of the 4g63 and the sr20det dont know which way I want to go SER or AWD DSM

Its the red top version which I am sure has the Garrett T25... he keeps saying he wants a ball bearing turbo LOL. He claims to have beaten a Corvette C5. He has the engine in a 240sx and its a pretty cool setup, but we'll see how much hp he has after he gets it dyno tuned. Does anyone know what these cars run at the track?

is the SR20 that much stronger than our motors? i thought not but i went to the track on friday and there were 3 SR20's.....all stock turbo.....2 of the 3 had full exaust mbc u know basic stuff like us when we first start but ran 13.5 and 13.6 with ease.........is that motor much stronger?

Ummm if you can't run a mid 13 in an AWD DSM with a full exhaust and the boost cranked up you need to learn how to drive. I ran mid 13s all night the one time I took my "new" DSM to the track before coming out to Iraq. All I've done is JDM Trans, Fidanza Flywheel, and RRE X-Clutch. Still running stock boost, stock exhaust, stock injectors & fuel pump etc. My old DSM ran 13.7s (with a terrible 2.0-2.2 60ft) with a shitty stock trans and flywheel, ACT2600, free mods, and downpipe disconnected at the o2 housing.

SDS, I know that they have compression of 8.5.1 and those 240s are light as heck. Plus they are RWD which makes them a tad easier to launch out of the hole then a FWD. I dont know what other differences there are... probably better flowing head :confused:

my buddy who has the Redtop in his 240sx blew a piston ring and smoked oil really bad becuase he put his boost up to 15 psi on the Sr20Det. I guess 12-13 is the safe limit considering the redtops only came with 370cc injectors. before he blew his engine though his car was fairly quick. 13.9s-14.000 with 2.6-3.0 60fts. All he had was the motor, full exhuast, intake, and MBC. everything was stock. his car weighed 2870 with him in it. Oh yeah and mid 13s is really not hard at all with a 2nd gen awd. basic stuff and a 14bor 16g will get you there in a heartbeat.

No, the 2g DSM t-25 is ball-bearing while the NIssan Red-top is T-25 Shaft bearing. The most powerful stock block Sr20DET so far is pushing 575HP inside a Datsun 510. Its is an owner on www.zilvia.net. think about it though, 7psi on their t-25 gets them 205HP and 203tq, those #'s are greater than ours running 15psi. I own a 240 and I've been reading up on how much different the engines are, though the 240sx's with lsd will own with swaps due to it's power/weight ratio. 14's are pretty much stock with a sr20det swap.

herovueboi said:
No, the 2g DSM t-25 is ball-bearing while the NIssan Red-top is T-25 Shaft bearing.

I thought the DSM T25 was journal bearing? :confused:

smokey90gsx said:
SDS, I know that they have compression of 8.5.1 and those 240s are light as heck. Plus they are RWD which makes them a tad easier to launch out of the hole then a FWD. I dont know what other differences there are... probably better flowing head :confused:

okay that makes sense..........i just was wondering.......i was runnin 14.5's and was happy then my friends SR20's were puttin down 13's LOL so i thought id ask ...thanks for replying and not being a dumb ------ ----- ------ --- hole like AlecW81 who should have just kept his mouth shut and next time your gonna be an ass atleast know WTF there talking about 14b stock vs t25 stock newayz stfu next time u wanna reply.......

the stock sr20det is rated for like 23 psi with a different turbo, it will survive way past 12psi.

i bet you my car the sr20det cant handle 23psi , yeah maybe if you upgrade the 370cc injectors and add a fuel pump. If you READ my whole post you would not be looking retarded right now. I said its limit would be around 12-13 psi becuase my friend toasted his piston rings and put a hole in his piston with 15-16 psi, that is due to the fact that he was running very lean which bring up the injectors output at 43 psi is around 370cc. Now we get away with 15-16 becuase we have 450s. Now i know for a fact that if modded correctly they can handle as much psi as you can tune safely for. those engines are very similar to ours yet at the same time have many differences. im sorry if i sound like an ass but you should understand what others have posted before you post. :p

I read that the SR20DET turbo is past its efficency @ 15psi...

Well the only retarded person here is your friend running past 15 psi without injectors or a pump. my bad if you thought i was trying to insult you, im just making the info clear to others, not everyone knows sr20s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back