The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

intercooler hole

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi_daggie

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2005
Sibley, Iowa
on my stock side mount i took it off to clean it out and stuff and when i got it out the upper outlet had a bunch of white junk corrosion shit on it. when i cleaned the crap off the aluminum was pitted and has a couple holes in it. my ? is

will jb weld hold pressure pretty good, or should i get it welded?

thanks

Don't even bother fixing it. Try to find a used sidemount somewhere locally. Most people upgrading to a Front Mount will practically just give them away.

Or just take it to a Rad shop, they'll fix it up nice for you. JB weld may work, try it and find out.

This wasn't a sales plug, but I actually do have a spare sidemount sitting around. PM me if you're seriously looking for one (I'm in Jersey). If not, you could also try classifieds on here and get one locally.

If the holes are very big,JB weld wont hold.

My second GVR4 had a modded Starquest IC (frankenstein looking mess) when I bought it,the welds in one spot had let loose and created a hole. As an experiment, I tried to temorarily fix it until I upgraded my IC setup on my first GVR4,and put the hand-me-down setup on it.

I prepped the area with an angle grinder,and tried both JB and JB Kwik. It would last about 2 days before it would blow out.

It may work OK for small pinners though,as a temporary fix.

i'd say just find another SMIC if you don't wanna upgrade. I bet there's at least 50 people on the boards here that have a SMIC siting around somewhere in their garage. Just post an ad in the classifieds and you're bound to get dozens of responses :thumb:

i wouldnt minde upgrading to an aftermarket sidemount, just right now i am trying to get my car all fixed and working right before i do major upgrades like a fmic.

but the holes are on the top neck of the intercooler, i actually think that the uicp covers a couple of them but i though since it was so eaten and stuff that it would leak so i am guna do some jb'n tonight to smooth it all out.

also the holes (like 2 or 3) are about the size of a pen tip. so jb should hold.

thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back