The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installing Yonaka coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hello all, I have ordered the yonaka coilovers for my 95 gst and they finally arrived Friday. I will post a full review with install pics as soon as I'm done. I will be installing them this week and will post pics. I got them through tunerpitstop.com for a great deal. I will also run at our local track June 5 to see how they perform under pressure. God bless you all.

Last edited:
Aloha, I'm almost done with my install had a few hang ups. Passanger side sway bar link was frozen so had to cut it off. But living in Kauai parts usually have to be ordered so waiting patiently for my parts. Hopefully if all goes well I'll have some pics up this week. Also have some pics of my strut tower rust repair job. Alright talk again soon. God bless

i actually have these same coilovers on my 99 spyder. really stiff, but the install was pretty easy. did it from start to finish in about 2 hours. lowered mine like 3 or 3.5 inches. cant remember. i can barely get my foot under my front bumper. i like them

Sorry for the delay ran into some problems with old rusty parts. So far install of yonaka coilovers was easy had it done in a few hours. I had to order some parts from mitsu and living in Kauai that means waiting. I will post review as soon as I'm done and driving again. Shootz

All installed and loving the ride!! I don't have much time to write a full review, hope to get to it one day. But I will say for now great buy easy to install. If your looking for a good priced dd coilover kit this one is it, plus they have a lifetime warranty. Made a huge difference on my ride, handling and cornering. Trust me we have a ton of sick windy mountain roads here in Kauai and these things take my abuse.

The ride is good I have my car dropped 1.5 inch all around. It's deffinetly stiffer than stock but not to bouncy. Actually is just how I wanted it, we got some crappy roads out here in Kauai LOL. As for install is easy coilovers are already together in box so you just swap out the old with the new and adjust to your liking. Remebering to torque everything to spec then test drive and listen for noises. Hope that helps.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but Im really considering this coilover. If fits my budget for my DD. I just don't want them to break on me in a short period of time. I don't do track or autocross, at least not for a very long time.

Thanks!

Holding up great guys I love these coilovers. Still look new and ride feels amazing. Heck I ran my 12.9 passes on these and next week hoping for mid 12's. They have a very comfortable ride and trust me we have some crappy roads out here. Even my wife loves how smooth my car rides. She just gets freaked out when I go into full boost LOL. Any other ? Let me know. Hands down a great coilover and I will be buying them again for my talon when it's ready.

i actually have these same coilovers on my 99 spyder. really stiff, but the install was pretty easy. did it from start to finish in about 2 hours. lowered mine like 3 or 3.5 inches. cant remember. i can barely get my foot under my front bumper. i like them

Start to finish in 2 hours is a phenomenal time. Was it your first removal/install?

I've seen these on ebay for 500. Will they work for a 95 gsx? Didnt know if the set up was the same or not. I also ask the guy about warrenty and he said theres a limited one year.? Really thinkin about buying these. What is the minimum drop? Thanks for the info that is already provided as it has helped me further my decision.

It says 0-4" I had them pretty low at first and it was to much for me. I will post some pictures of the coilovers as of now, 3 years after install and they still look brand new. If you want the best bang for your buck the yonaka's are the way to go, and I believe they will work for either gst or gsx not sure about the rs, but I'm pretty sure they will work as well. Anyway ill post a few pics tomorrow. Kk shootz

Last edited:
Bringing back from the dead again!! Are they still going strong? Im considering getting these for my dd, and I plan on attacking the nurburgring with them.

Ya bro still perfect and I love them not one single problem!! I can cut low 1.7 60' launching at 5250rpm with my last setup (gst) so id say they are keeping my tires on the ground! For the price and quality you can't beat them. They also sell a repair kit for them now.

Last edited:
Oh rusted parts the strut arm lower bolt was rusted and stuck. And only way to fix it was cutting and a new arm, so I had to wait for parts and stuff. I was also doing all prothane bushings to the car. But other than that the yonaka's bolted right in not one single issue. Took me a few times with each corner to get my heights and preload set. That's the nice thing with these coilovers if you set your preload properly your ride will be nice. And because they make it so you can adjust your ride height and not effect the preload. Inproper preload and springs and struts that arnt matched up properly is what cause a crappy bouncy/stiff ride. Anyway I like my yonaka's and plan to use them for alone time and if they blow out ill just repair them and keep um going. There great for daily driving/ weekend warriors and will work great for most on this site!

Oh rusted parts the strut arm lower bolt was rusted and stuck. And only way to fix it was cutting and a new arm, so I had to wait for parts and stuff. I was also doing all prothane bushings to the car. But other than that the yonaka's bolted right in not one single issue. Took me a few times with each corner to get my heights and preload set. That's the nice thing with these coilovers if you set your preload properly your ride will be nice. And because they make it so you can adjust your ride height and not effect the preload. Inproper preload and springs and struts that arnt matched up properly is what cause a crappy bouncy/stiff ride. Anyway I like my yonaka's and plan to use them for alone time and if they blow out ill just repair them and keep um going. There great for daily driving/ weekend warriors and will work great for most on this site!

Well buddy, looks like im ordering a pair right about....NOW! :hellyeah: Thanks for the info i also been reading other input on this forum and no negatives..

Ya bro still perfect and I love them not one single problem!! I can cut low 1.7 60' launching at 5250rpm with my last setup (gst) so id say they are keeping my tires on the ground! For the price and quality you can't beat them. They also sell a repair kit for them now.

Almost 4 years later and still holding up decently?:thumb: Considering my car is strictly just a daily, I might as well consider these for the price!!:hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back