1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

How to convert an ESi --> TSi

Posted by kmetiuk, Mar 9, 2014

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. kmetiuk

kmetiuk Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2010
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    HAHAHAAH!!! Can't be done!!?!?!? Too late did it!!!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm...i-4g63-awd-evo-8-he351ve-project-warface.html

My new issue is this:

Project has taken a drastic and exciting turn....

I JUST ENTERED THIS RIDE INTO THE LEDUC 1000KM RACE!!!! 370 laps = 9-11 hours of fcuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ya!

God I am pumped. Only 2 months to repair the blown water pump and then 6 more months to get it ready for the big race. Not missing much at this point....

Its mostly been shaken down to....I bag the fcuk outta this thing EVERY time I take it out (in a legal and very controlled way of course) so I should have no surprises.

I do have one question for anyone that's listening...

What are you thoughts on transmissions? LSD's? Dogbox vs a stage 5? Clutch packs (the ACT 2600 kills my leg after an hour or so)

Obliviously my power levels will warrant this...we're shooting for +35psi on the track...its a twisty mofo with a few very long stretches so I am worried about pounding on that tranny for 9-11 hours straight

Literally the last few things I have yet to finalize.

I am thinking a twin plate sprung clutch with a shep/jacks stage 5 with quafie front, back, and center.

Thoughts?

Road Race Build 1K  1

1997 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. ricktb

ricktb Proven Member

Joined May 20, 2007
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I'm also in Edmonton, didnt know about this race but I plan to take mine to the new castrol raceway track at least a few times this year. Dunno if it would last for a 1000km race tho.. heh I know in the endurance races, brake heatsoaking becomes a major factor.. Do you have drilled slotted rotors? I managed to heatsoak my stock brake system in less than 15 minutes of hard racing, and you can tell instantly when you go to push the brakes and you can't stop heh. Id be concerned about that. Also I'm using the exedy stage 1 organic sprung clutch disk with fidanza auminum flywheel.. I believe it uses a 2300 lb pressure plate, its still not to hard on the leg and the aluminum flywheel helps to dissipate the heat. A cool clutch will last longer. Not sure if it can hold the types of power your talking about tho. Maybe the competition clutch twin disk is a better match for your needs.

Oh by the way, if you need a brand new OEM release bearing or clutch fork, I have these I can part with for $25 bucks each. Saves you time and shipping.

Also, do you have professional welding experience? I notice some of your body work looks impressive. I may need my rear trailing arm mounts replaced in a similar fashion some time, not sure who can do this work correctly..

510  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM