1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

hitting boost and oil blowing out

Posted by 95'RS-T, Mar 23, 2009

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Germansville, Pennsylvania
    when i hit boost in my car which is a 420a running maybe 5 to 8 psi on stock everything now keep in mind this is only when i drive it there appears to be oil leaking from the valve cover on the drivers side but i just replaced the gasket with a Fel-pro yesterday. well i've been searching all afternoon and i can't find nothing except something on the breather thats on the valve cover so after i ran the car i pulled off the hose on it and theres no oil comming from there so im stumped and ideas?

383  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  2. DSM_PWR

DSM_PWR Proven Member

Joined Oct 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Even with a new gasket on the valve cover its been known to still leak...

Try putting a layer of RTV sealant inbetween so make sure you have a good seal :thumb: (Recommended sealant : "Right Stuff" from Peramtex)

Other than that, can you take a picture of the oil leak so it will be easier to identify...

3K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  3. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    sure i hit the gasket with ultra copper before i put it on and on the valve cover there looks to be 2 holes where screws would go there threaded but no screws and it looks like oil is coming from one of those holes. but i have to wait for my g/f to here so i can use her camera

383  0

· 2G DSM
  4. -TunedDSM-

-TunedDSM- Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2006
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Check for your valve cover for cracks.

438  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. boostedorbusted

boostedorbusted Proven Member

Joined Feb 1, 2009
    rock hill, South Carolina
    where are the holes located? its not spark plug cover holes is it? maybe a cracked valve cover. pics would be awesome. i hate oil leaks. (dont we all).

6. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    alright heres a pic its kinda sh**ty i took it on my sisters phone but it kinda seemed like the cam sensor seal was the leak but if you look right above the cam sensor you will see that threaded hole im talking about.

Attached Files:

383  0

· 2G DSM