The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

High or Low Z injectors? high power e85 street

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
shooting for a very streetable 600whp 2g on e85, not sure if i should stay with my low Z FIC 1550cc's or if i should switch to high Z injectors for perfect idle and cruise. Thoughts/experiences? Thanks!

I have the FIC high-Z 2150's in my car, and it has no drive ability issues what so ever. Car idles like stock besides the lope of the cams. I have no clue what the car makes, but it runs 130 in the 1/4 mile.

600hp on who's dyno? Maps you might get close to 600 with those injectors. I'd go with 2150s

2150's high Z. Be done with it. On E-85 you have to use like 30% more gas anyway.

I agree: After install a set of bosch 1600s i strongly recommend just paying more for hi resistance injectors. See, bosch's are cheap and all and im sure they work grreat in other applications, but they are a mid-range, if you will, resistance injector. Idle, and especially cruise, are jerky and inconsistent.
Just fair warning. I will say WOT is dead on and my god, the power of e85 LOL. Whew!

One thing like the post above says, e85 will make you think you forgot to fill your tank. You can practically watch the needle fall on the gas gauge when youre flowing 50lbs. It SUCKS that ish up like nothin else.
Go and pay the big bucks for some 2150s, get rid of that damn resistor pack, and if you want you can tune idle/cruise on GAS just fine. E85 is even easier. They are worth the extra money. ALOT of extra money but still, worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back