The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help With The creeping!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd93talon

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2005
St Charles, Illinois
I have a 93 tsi 8:5,1 ross pistons, sbr exahust. everything everything else is stock. tried porting the wastegate, a crap load, and the o2 its goes from 11psi up to 18psi

There are two issues as I see it:

1. Your profile isn't complete so we don't know what kind of turbo is creeping on you. Please fill this out so that we can have a better grip on what's installed.

2. Most turbos will creep at a boost setting that low. The answer is to apply the correct supporting fuel mods so that you can set the boost controller to within 1-2 psi of the maximum creep point. This usually alleviates the issue.

Drop us a line and let us know what you have,

Andy

its a stock turbo. i also have warblo 255, 510 and safc witch i need help tuning

I dont know what turbo your using but in every situation i've seen with creep, porting the inlet was the most beneficial. When i looked in the inlet of my evoIII i couldn't see the wastegate hole. I then ported the hell out of the inlet and now when you look into it you can easily see the wastegast passage.

This tech article does a great job with pictures
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186525

For laughs re-check your connections and make sure you actuator arm is moving correctly / waste gate actuator is not binding up.

Does it always creep in every gear?

awd93talon said:
its a stock turbo. i also have walbro 255, 510 and safc which i need help tuning
You'll need a AFPR or switch to a smaller pump to get it tuned right. Once you get the porting done let me know and I can help you get the base tuning done.

What happend on the phone the other day?

Steve

ya sorry about that i couldent hear you. Ive ported the wastegate ALOT I can see the hole and everything, now i switched turbos with another 14b and i turned the boost up to 15 and it DOESENT creep in 2nd gear, but 3rd goes up to 19psi.

and i figure i cant tune with safc with it creeping right?
How long with my motor last with it knocking?
What about that step in the o2 houseing on the wastegate side. should i port that?
Can i tune with a 255 without a FPR at WOT, or is the fpr for the idle only?

awd93talon said:
I figure i cant tune with safc with it creeping right?
How long with my motor last with it knocking?
What about that step in the o2 houseing on the wastegate side. should i port that?
Can i tune with a 255 without a FPR at WOT, or is the fpr for the idle only?
Sorry, between the normal last two weeks of the month rush, people going to school and wanting stuff fixed, trying to build a new PC for my son to take to college and buying my daughter a "new" Stealth that needs a 120k and it's special problems fixed, I don't have much time to spend here lately.

As long as you have enough fuel to support the boost levels it's creeping to there's no difference in tuning with or without creep

The AFPR fixes the low throttle and transitional issue where overrunning the stock FPR rears it's head. During high loads like WOT runs people should be burning off enough fuel to keep the stock regulator from overrunning except between shifts. It the cruising and around town driving where overrun is the worst.

Which step are you referring to? I always thought in the O2 housing porting the ares where the wastegate flow meets with the turbine flow had the biggest effect as long as the wastegate area was matched with the porting done to the turbo.

Steve

well eather way i cant get it to stop knockin. ive tried alot runs but i dont want to kill my motor. if i can run 18psi with 510s i guess i could just set the boost there. if you could help me with the safc that would be cool.
i also have only 150 compresion across the board, (8:5,1)ross pistions,i dont know if that is good. I have like 2,000 miles on it since i rebuilt it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back