The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

help with install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubull05

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone, finally got around tax time and my car takes a crap on me (serp belt snapped and bolt holding it stripped. Buying a new motor and need help installing it. If anyone is interested let me know, going to the jy on the 9th to pick up a head and get it cleaned/ported.

Of course I could just strip out the bolt and bore a new hole and use a bigger bolt, but it sucked doing it the first time ;) cars an 01 stratus turbo. Trying to get everything installed on the 18th (free day).

Also anyone know how good ace jy is? Just found it and havent been. Always been going to "u pull it" on Normandy
-aaron

My experience with Ace was they are expensive. You can find parts cheaper on this forum, searching Craigslist and ebay. I went their for stock running boards for my TrailBlazer and they cost my $75 per side!
The worst thing is they don't tell you how much its going to be before you pull the part unless you have time to have the "grumpy" lady at the counter look it up and then tell you that you are just going to have to pull the part and she can look it up then, or that your description doesn't match hers, or they don't know WTF you are talking about. Get out to the car location and you find crap its not the right car, so walk the 10 miles back to the window, get a new location but this time a little smarter and ask where other vehicles are of that same model. Oh your just wanting a year range? Say like 95-99 Eclipse, sorry we want do a range, do you want me to look for a 95 Eclipse then a 95 Talon then a 96 Eclipse, and a 96 Talon............
Find your part, pull it, broke it pulling it out, go to next car, pull the part, carry you ***t back in a wheel barrel, and then it the price hits you...

Yes I have been to Ace a couple times. Bottom line if you need the part RIGHT NOW, then go there. You can look up on their website and help narrow your search and at least find out if they have the year and model/make. That place is freakin huge, there are so many cars its like dang.

My experience with Ace was they are expensive. You can find parts cheaper on this forum, searching Craigslist and ebay. I went their for stock running boards for my TrailBlazer and they cost my $75 per side!
The worst thing is they don't tell you how much its going to be before you pull the part unless you have time to have the "grumpy" lady at the counter look it up and then tell you that you are just going to have to pull the part and she can look it up then, or that your description doesn't match hers, or they don't know WTF you are talking about. Get out to the car location and you find crap its not the right car, so walk the 10 miles back to the window, get a new location but this time a little smarter and ask where other vehicles are of that same model. Oh your just wanting a year range? Say like 95-99 Eclipse, sorry we want do a range, do you want me to look for a 95 Eclipse then a 95 Talon then a 96 Eclipse, and a 96 Talon............
Find your part, pull it, broke it pulling it out, go to next car, pull the part, carry you ***t back in a wheel barrel, and then it the price hits you...

Yes I have been to Ace a couple times. Bottom line if you need the part RIGHT NOW, then go there. You can look up on their website and help narrow your search and at least find out if they have the year and model/make. That place is freakin huge, there are so many cars its like dang.

Agreed, pretty pricey and HUGE.. But like said before if you need it now it's the place to go :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back