The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

help with camber kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qbanit0gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2004
west palm beach, Florida
i am in the market in buying a camber kit and i was wonderin if it mattered if i didnt know what type of springs my car has. I bought the car off of some guy who dumped his money into the car and didnt really pay any mind into what was going on it. The car is so low its a mission just to get a jack under it. So i was wonderin if i needed to know what springs i had before i got a camber kit. I tried checkin the springs out but i dont see any name or anything. The only thing i can tell from them is that they are red.

I was about to write "nope," because springs are springs and camber is camber, but it's not that simple. If you really are slammed, then you can't get adjustable front ball joints, since that will cause the upper arm to hit the inside of the fender-well. You might even have problems with adjustable pivots, because the outer end of the arm might, again, start hitting. It's not the brand or type of spring that matters. However, if you are too low, then you might have problems putting a band-aid ... er, camber kit ... on your gaping wound.

- Jtoby

i have some ebay springs and and some blown stock struts, i dropped the balls outta my car and it's got REALLY REALLY negative camber..(that's in right?) anyways i was gunna get a camber kit ordered from O'rileys...would that help me how i need? or no

jtmcinder said:
I was about to write "nope," because springs are springs and camber is camber, but it's not that simple. If you really are slammed, then you can't get adjustable front ball joints, since that will cause the upper arm to hit the inside of the fender-well. You might even have problems with adjustable pivots, because the outer end of the arm might, again, start hitting. It's not the brand or type of spring that matters. However, if you are too low, then you might have problems putting a band-aid ... er, camber kit ... on your gaping wound.

- Jtoby

In other words is your recommendation to just go out and get a new suspension kit. If so what do u recommend, keep in mind i am a college student = broke

You can get a set of stock springs for $25 on eBay. (You can also make that money back and more selling your current springs.) That will take care of your camber problems and the car will probably ride and handle better than now.

Another option to put something between the upper spring isolator (rubber thingy) and the top plate to raise the nose. That, too, will reduce negative camber.

- Jtoby

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back