The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

help!!! problem with camber kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808_SpyderGST

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 18, 2002
Miami, Florida
OKay after 6 hours of work and adjusting got my camber kit on! after it was on i noticed my ride was a little more harsh than without it, i just figured it was way out of aliagnment and took it for an alignment! well specs are perfect now its just that my car seems to be higher than before, the front sits up higher (maybe 1/4-1/2")and the ride is worse without the camber kit ride was BETTER than stock now with it its harsh and a lil ruff. Its like if i hit a bump i can hear the upper contol arm hittin the fender well. I have the Specialty products 87590 adjustible anchor bolt and a homemade kit in the rear. rear is perfect but the front is my concern. anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it, i'm trying to decided if tire wear is more important that ride quality. oh ya its a 2 inch drop

YES....

Your upper A arm is MORE THEN LIKELY HITTING the inner fender well!!!
Theirs a thread I just read , guy had the same thing and he used a ball peen hammer and made room for the clearence. I haven't had a chance to get mine algined yet, but I'm sure I'll have to do the samething.
Take the wheel off and poke your head way up there in the well and you'll actually see where it scrapes the inner fender well and also your A arm is probably shiny on the end now......
I can hear mine hitting and my car has no flexibility in the front.

Originally posted by GSTspeedracer
YES....

Theirs a thread I just read , guy had the same thing and he used a ball peen hammer and made room for the clearence. I haven't had a chance to get mine algined yet, but I'm sure I'll have to do the samething.
Take the wheel off and poke your head way up there in the well and you'll actually see where it scrapes the inner fender well and also your A arm is probably shiny on the end now......

Yep that guy is Me:D ...That's what is happening I would put money on it. I spent 3 days of coming home from work and working on the kit all night. Until I figured out what I had to do.

Read THIS thread and it will describe what I had to do.

After I made the clearence the kit works great but I think this is some pretty poor engineering by Specialty Products.

-Nate

Originally posted by GSTspeedracer
YES....

Ya i figured that was it what if I just adjust it so that the cambr is slighty off just enough to clear the fender well? by the way DAMN your car loooks good whats your suspension set up? i got about a 2 inch drop but it just dont look as low as yours

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back