1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Help with 98 gst p1105 please

Posted by SazonSerg, Jul 18, 2020

Tags:
Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. SazonSerg

SazonSerg Probationary Member

Joined Mar 20, 2019
    Elmont, New York
    Hello guys in need of help

I had a misfire on my gst p0303 car drove like ass and it also had one code before that p1105 but it ran fine so they changed the coil pack and the misfire code went away but not the p1105 and the car sounds like sh**

I will post videos they also said my fuel had water so we drained it and put dry gas and still same sound

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

Showcar Build 201  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I don't think the P1105 code would effect the motor running. This code is for the fuel pressure solenoid and is to help with startup. Here's the troubleshooting guide from the FSM.
    upload_2020-7-18_9-35-27.png
    upload_2020-7-18_10-7-30.png
    upload_2020-7-18_10-7-51.png
    You haven't said what tests you've done to locate the running problem. You should start with doing a boost leak test. You stated this started after a backfire. To me it's possible you blew a coupler loose & now have a boost leak.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  3. SazonSerg

SazonSerg Probationary Member

Joined Mar 20, 2019
    Elmont, New York
    I haven’t done a boost leak test but I will check up on all of that thanks again

Showcar Build 201  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM