The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HELP! melted tranny dipstick to battery post

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91 GSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2006
Evansport, Ohio
Just did a tranny fluid/filter change. But as I was pulling the dipstick out of tube, it slipped out of my hand and the middle section landed on the positive battery terminal. It didn't quite melt in 2 pieces, but is severely bent and blackened. I'm hoping someone could maybe measure their 1g AWD auto tranny dipstick from handle or seat, to the hot or cold mark for me. That way I can still fill it to the correct level. Thank you. This is my current daily driver, and there are noAWD 1g's close to me at any junkyards to obtain a new one. Wish there were, I'd like a 5 speed.:toobad:

Smooth move. haha.
My transmission just happened to be sitting next to me so I can help you out.
It looks like from the bottom end all the way up to the bottom of the handle is 20 1/4"
from the bottom to the top of the hot line, is 1 1/8"
from the bottom to the top of the cold line, is 1/4"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back