The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Help choosing front axles, Can't figure it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelmcv

Supporting Member
May 3, 2009
Fresno, California
I need help on which axles I need.

I have search and some says that 2g front axles are all the same.
and some other says that the (driver side) inner sholrt axle that attach to the block are different, some are shorter and some are longer.

I am confuse, can some one explain me a little.

I need both front axles for my 2ga.

I was checking to buy them at Oreilly, and they have multiple axles.

Some are with 26-2 spline (inner), and 25 spline (outer), and works for manual and automatic transmission (driver side).

There are some other with 25 spline (inner and outer).

There are another one with 27 spline (inner) and 25 spline (outer).

So, I have seen that they all have 25 spline (outer). But the inner spline are not the same, Is it the same theory of the Tcase?, 2ga 25 splines and 2gb 27 splines?.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Ho, I forgot to say that It is a Manual Transmission 25 spline I gess, It is a 95 awd.

I recently tried to fit a gst passenger axle into my gsx. Didn't work. Get some gst axles for your car. They are different.

On a related note: I have a pair of gst axles if you need them. Pm me for details.

I recently tried to fit a gst passenger axle into my gsx. Didn't work. Get some gst axles for your car. They are different.

On a related note: I have a pair of gst axles if you need them. Pm me for details.

Thank you for the help, But I need GSX Front AXles.

I am not planning on going different axles, I just don't know which axle to get, which there are more then one axle for the gsx.

Here is the site where I want to get them, But I can't figure it out, which once are.

If you check the site, It says 27 spline and 25 spline for manual and auto, and it has a 26-2 spline for both as well Manual and Auto.

check this out.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...shi&model=Eclipse&vi=1433928&narrowBy=cv+axle

I want to get the wright one for my car, left and right axle.

The axles are different for AWD/FWD. I have never seen different splines for 2g FWD or 2g AWD.. They each have there own.

I saw gst in your profile. Guess I missed something. I tried the parts store approach and got the wrong axle from 3 different stores. I had to buy used here on the forums.

So, you are saying that, there are different axles for the 2g gsx wright?.
Do you remember what was the differences.

If I count the inner spline in my axles, I think that I should be all right, which all the 2gs outer splines are 25....

In the site it says about 3 different spline. should I just count the inner spline and order one with the same amount of spline?.

The axles are different for AWD/FWD. I have never seen different splines for 2g FWD or 2g AWD.. They each have there own.

Yea, I thought that too.
But, when I try to order once at that site, It shows more then one.

I google them and found some threads talking about having the wrong axles for the GSX, I never found a thread with the same problem with the GST, which they are only one for the Manual and one for the Automatic, But for the GSX, I have found several thread with issues of the wrong axles.

That's why I am a little confused about which are the wright ones.

I think that I'm going to count the inner spline and order one to see how it turns out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back