The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Help!! 2g Engine Harness Install..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manny correa

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2007
chicago, Illinois
ok heres the problem.. i picked up a 98 5spd gsx about a month ago. when i bought it it was missing the head and turbo setup. so i pulled the motor out to eventually find out it needed a crank.(big no no, cranwalkOMG) so i opted for a 6bolt swap. the car previously had aem ems and the guy that owned the car before me just hacked away at the engine harness. i managed to pull out the hacked harness and my buddy sold me a complete untouched harness off a 95 gsx.

just last week i dropped the 6bolt in, and now im completely lost as to how to get his harness in there cleanly and correctly. the connectors is the confusing part. i tryed searching and cant find a thread anywhere showing the route of the entire harness, labeling the connectors,or even showing were they go. so it leaves me asking for help. anybody in the chicago area that knows 2g harnesses and wouldnt mind helping and making some money(dont bother mentioning AMS they told me about 15-20 hours of labor at $95/hr:barf: thats ridiculous!), pm me! or post here. also if there is any info on this subject floating around the web that can help do it myself, dont hesitate to post a link. i appreciate it and hope to get alot of feedback on this.

thanks all!!

Most Erics are pretty smart like that. Its ironic - when I put this GSX together I did the same thing. Labeled and pictured all the connectors. Good job Eric!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back