The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Gsx swap into a an rs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR_MOTORS

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2009
novi, Michigan
K so im currently pondering on swapping over all my gsx setup into an rs due to rust on my gsx now my question is will everything just bolt right once i gut out the rs completely?

This....

Attachments

• searchfirst.gif
    searchfirst.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 145
No it wont the front rails are diffrent. U would either have use your gsx rails or modify the rs or gs rails to fit. The engine and trans are swaped. Gs and rs engines are on the right and gst gsx are on the left. The rail were the trans is humped for clearnce of the tans. It can be done but its not an easy one probly be better of using the gs and rs chasis to repair yours depending were yor rust is.

No it wont the front rails are diffrent. U would either have use your gsx rails or modify the rs or gs rails to fit. The engine and trans are swaped. Gs and rs engines are on the right and gst gsx are on the left. The rail were the trans is humped for clearnce of the tans. It can be done but its not an easy one probly be better of using the gs and rs chasis to repair yours depending were your rust is.

this is actually not a bad idea im gonna do that just use it and fix mine all theway around but the i also have a crazy idea of making a tube chasis on the one i have left and custom installing a small block with 12" slicks and just using it as a track car i have the means to do it and the help and knowledge :hmm: can i get an opinion on that also

i think it be sick have best of both worlds my gsx runs mid 12's now i think small block with a 100 shot as long as i can keep the front end on the ground it will run 10's all day and that way i dont have to break my dsm all the time i can just break that one and parts for it would be cheap ill keep everyone posted on it im going to pick up that rs tomorrow that thing is pretty clean but what that kid said before i can just fix the rust on mine which is all on the rear of the car both rocker panels and where the tank is i can just swap that and still have the rs body to do something i think would be insane

i think it be sick have best of both worlds my gsx runs mid 12's now i think small block with a 100 shot as long as i can keep the front end on the ground it will run 10's all day and that way i dont have to break my dsm all the time i can just break that one and parts for it would be cheap ill keep everyone posted on it im going to pick up that rs tomorrow that thing is pretty clean but what that kid said before i can just fix the rust on mine which is all on the rear of the car both rocker panels and where the tank is i can just swap that and still have the rs body to do something i think would be insane

If u like working on cars go for it..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back