The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

gsx bolt-on project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan69x

15+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2008
jackson, Michigan
Ok, so I have started and finished my first dsm project. For now....

I ordered a Dejon short route FMIC, Dejon Intake pipe, Greddy Rz BOV, and HKS Hi-Power Catback. The catback was the easiest to install, but turned out to be rather a PITA because of the bolts on the cat breaking and being hardened they were terrible to drill through. but as for bolting it up, hell that was cake and it lines up great! i know it's doing a good job, since it was not on the car for a day and i got pulled over for "your exhaust is too loud" LOL yeah right, it sounds really close to stock to me.

So, next was the FMIC, intake, and BOV. this started on a friday and ended on a monday, at least the install did, boost leaks ran until tuesday. now i have never done an install like this so there was alot of learning involved, like trimming the radiator support and cutting the PS lines and mounting rubber house to the bottom of the core. we also trimmed the bumper some to make it fit decent but i have to remove some broken bolts in the future and fit it really proper.

Now the kit does not fit exactly the way I want it to, but works for the time being until a slim fan is installed or i get a E316G. the car runs great right now, and she pulls like a freight train over stock. half throttle and she hit 120! with no problems, i was honestly amazed on how much of a difference these few things made on a all stock car.:D

now for the pictures.

here is the exhaust up close co you can see the muffler, i have a sound clip for youtube, that i will post this weekend and give a link here.

Here is the FMIC all done and fitted, the core is a bit off ### of the fan not lining up the piping just right.

Here is the Intake pipe, IC pipes, and BOV all done.

and lastly, my best friend doing this, the boost leak tester. cost me a whole 5$ to make!:thumb:

ya diffidently need to straighten out that FMIC LOL.. But good deal man

oh, and i figured out the transmission shifting hard too. needed to add some more fluid to the resivour for the clutch, thought it was topped off after it was bleed awhile ago, but i guess not. it shifts like butter now.

yeah, 19 years old and did this by myself. also, i hope no one has used that ladder LOL, as far as i know it's broken though.

and so far, the car has actually ran cooler than ever before with the other fan being gone. so thats a plus for now, summer will be the true test though.

damn man thats a nice gsx. and congrats on your first project

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back